Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP on fascias

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bart90

Been geting to grips with my gardiner back pack and starting to get the hang of wfp.  Next step is to start doing fascias with it and save myself bags of time than doing them by hand and off ladders.

I currently have -  Backpack on trolley, Slx22 with medium brush.  What do i need to add fascias?  Should i get a different brush or is it fine to use the same one i w/c with?  And do i actually need pure to clean fascias?  How do you get the grime off?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Bart

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a cheap sill brush I got off eBay on fascias. Apply screwfix no nonsense degreaser/ tfr or whatever I happen to have from a 20 litre drum on a trolley. Have a smoke then connect to customers tap and clean. I don't use pure on them. If their not that dirty then cif cream applied directly on the brush works without using degreaser or tfr.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Gardiners flock sill brush with fan jets also a couple extensions for your slx22 for gable ends with extensions had a few fascias and cladding where have needed 30ft pole. Also your backpack will empty quicker if using fan jets. 

Hypo or cheap bleach mixed with water to about 2% strength

Put it in a bucket and apply to the whole lot by dipping the brush in the bucket and applying all over the fascias etc

Wait 10 minutes and watch it all fall off with wfp connected to garden tap

I use a Vikan sill brush and a pump sprayer with Scott's tfr.
Sounds good. Does your pump sprayer reach fascias on standard height houses?  

Some great advice guys, thanks.  I have the EZ (? I think that's what it's called)  snap fit connector on my backpack.  What would i need to connect to a customeers tap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back