Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

450 gpd RO Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CustomMadeUK

Hi all i got a 450 gpd not so long ago 5-6 months i have made about 3000L worth of water and my tds has gone up to 70 when i wanted to fill the ibc back up.

i have noticed there are no flush valves installed i just found this out as i have dug out my old RO. could the di resin chamber need changing already!! or should i fit 3 flush valves to flush out the membranes out? 

is it a boosted RO.

mine has an auto flush, when switched on. after a couple of minutes it switches back to normal fill mode.

You don’t state how big your Resin filter is. If it’s a ten inch one then it needs refilling with fresh resin. Mine used to need refills about every three to four weeks. Once the Resin is spent, it will actually contaminate the RO water that is being put through it instead of polishing it down to 000. Can you check the TDS of your RO water before it goes through the Resin?  This will tell you if this is what’s happening as it will have a lower reading than when it comes out of the Resin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Collins 450gpd, I now only use the gardiner fiberdyne carbon filter and a 11.7 DI vessel As the resin doesn't need changing that often.

my tap water is approx 280 to 300 comes out of RO at 8 before DI vessel.

Sounds like your RO is working incorrectly also if your using a 10' Di vessel the resin will be spent very quickly.

Back