Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

Ricky Jeapes

Hi. I started working for  well known window and conservatory installers who branched out into cleaning upvc conservatories, soffits, fascia, driveways and windows etc. I never realised how lucrative this work could be especially through the summer months. It was booming we were flavour up until the kids school holidays then it just died off to 3 days a week if we were lucky. I am thinking about starting my own thing up next year I have still yet to buy all the equipment but because I'm doing it for someone else I now know all the equipment needed and have experimented with different techniques and chemicals I feel now I have all the knowledge to  try and go it alone. But need some advice on advertising and actually getting the work booked in I'd prefer to get jobs cleaning upvc guttering or conservatories and do windows as an extra kind of thing rather than the other way round. Just looking for a bit of advice ??

Hi. I started working for  well known window and conservatory installers who branched out into cleaning upvc conservatories, soffits, fascia, driveways and windows etc. I never realised how lucrative this work could be especially through the summer months. It was booming we were flavour up until the kids school holidays then it just died off to 3 days a week if we were lucky. I am thinking about starting my own thing up next year I have still yet to buy all the equipment but because I'm doing it for someone else I now know all the equipment needed and have experimented with different techniques and chemicals I feel now I have all the knowledge to  try and go it alone. But need some advice on advertising and actually getting the work booked in I'd prefer to get jobs cleaning upvc guttering or conservatories and do windows as an extra kind of thing rather than the other way round. Just looking for a bit of advice ??
Conservatories, gutters etc are things that people generally have done once, maybe twice a year. To try to get these full time will be very difficult.

Windows however are done every 4-6 weeks, so you're better off consentrating on them and having the conservatories and gutters as extra add ons ?

Or contact other window cleaners for leads. I’d love to have somebody reliable and trustworthy to pass all the add on jobs to so I could stick to windows...

Back