Moor

Anyone use guttercleaningsystems.co.uk vacs?

Moor

Hmmm not really sure what to do, seems many stories of poor service.  The system is cheap but I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle, they we’ll be a part time supplying fitting it in around their lives but there is no excuse for the stories in this thread, poor service is poor service, end of story, you simply can’t run a business like that an expect to have customers.

I guess the question is, what alternatives are there that don’t cost the earth?

Neil Salmon
@Neil Salmon any more word from them? I placed an order last Thursday and I've been told it will be despatched today for delivery tomorrow. I rang to try and get a tracking number but still no reply fs. Half of me thinks there taking the pee

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Same story here have been told I'll have them tomorrow, we will wait and see!

Cristian

Moor , I'm selling my system and it works and works well and will not cost the Earth either.  Where are you based

Moor
1 hour ago, Cristian said:

Moor , I'm selling my system and it works and works well and will not cost the Earth either.  Where are you based

What system do you have?  I’m in Worcestershire.

Edited by Moor

Cristian

Hi Moor, it's a system I put together myself, unfortunately your too far away as I'm up in Scotland. 

Moor
3 hours ago, Cristian said:

Hi Moor, it's a system I put together myself, unfortunately your too far away as I'm up in Scotland. 

No problem, thanks anyway. The search continues.

Philip

@Neil Salmon I wish mine had of arrived today. He was ignoring my calls so I rang him with another and he answered and said it will def be here

tench0771

should have rang lee at bladeright he would sort u out a good vac with poles of your choice 

Cristian

The first one by Numatic has only a 30 litre drum and small bore hose. The other I don't believe for a second it's got 130" water lift and it's got miss matched bore sizes from drum to hose to poles, no good in my opinion. You really want 50mm min from drum to gutter tool, helps with performance and cuts down on blockages. Here is the one I put together that I was talking about. The reason I put this together as I was in the same position your in just now , so much choice but take it from me allot of what's on offer out there is not fit for purpose. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Moor

Thanks for that, really helpful.

youvare definitely right about there being a lot of choice, I’m rather confused now.

is 1400w strong enough? Presumably you modded the side outlet too?

I am thinking of going with a custom option, a vacuum like the one you have and a set of poles, I shall contact https://www.carbonfibretubes.co.uk/standard-tubes/#Modular

and see what prices they offer.

There seems to be a lot of very overpriced kits out there, skyvac in particular, taking advantage of their customers wallets.

Cristian

No worries, for upto 3 stories what I picked and built does the job. Look at the water lift capability not just the watts. Try and stick with a known brand as allot of the vacs being sold are Chinese junk with unknown capability that's just made up by the seller in my opinion. Get a vac that's also got at least a 50 litre drum as on most jobs you will fill it in no time. 

I fitted a Numatic 51mm side entry onto the Hyundai pro using the original small outlet. This turns it into a cyclonic action, keeps all the **** away from the motor by spinning everything to the outside of the drum.

It also improves suction and allot less blockages, I only use the foam filter provided from Huyandai around the bottom of the motor housing. The vac has a metal float cut off for water, but to be honest I never sucked that much water up with it to ever activate it. The hose,poles and tool end are all 50mm for the best flow and I used only 5mtrs of vac hose to cut down on suction loss as the more hose you have the more suction drop off you will get. 

You have to take into consideration the length of the poles and tool head as well regarding suction losses. The shorter the pull the more suction available. And yes, some of the companies selling gutter kits are taking the pee regarding prices!! 

Edited by Cristian

MikeNW

Is anyone still waiting for stuff they have ordered?  Anyone recently ordered poles that can tell me how long they took to arrive?  Ive tried to ring a few times over the last few days and never get an answer.  In fairness I havent left a message (mainly because i dont really want them ringing me back when im out cleaning windows).

Im in two minds - should I place an order for the 40' carbon fibre pole kit and hope it arrives in a sensible time or should I buy a set of poles from https://www.carbonfibretubes.co.uk/   then make up the other bits myself?  If i buy a metre of 50mm alloy tube, plus the silicone 135 degree bend, a few clips etd I will only be saving myself about £20 over the gutter pole systems set and will have 39' instead of 40' (although i might be getting better carbon fibre!). 

Any advice!? Really dont want to wait weeks! 

THL4KEL
On 06/10/2017 at 21:52, Cristian said:

No worries, for upto 3 stories what I picked and built does the job. Look at the water lift capability not just the watts. Try and stick with a known brand as allot of the vacs being sold are Chinese junk with unknown capability that's just made up by the seller in my opinion. Get a vac that's also got at least a 50 litre drum as on most jobs you will fill it in no time. 

I fitted a Numatic 51mm side entry onto the Hyundai pro using the original small outlet. This turns it into a cyclonic action, keeps all the **** away from the motor by spinning everything to the outside of the drum.

It also improves suction and allot less blockages, I only use the foam filter provided from Huyandai around the bottom of the motor housing. The vac has a metal float cut off for water, but to be honest I never sucked that much water up with it to ever activate it. The hose,poles and tool end are all 50mm for the best flow and I used only 5mtrs of vac hose to cut down on suction loss as the more hose you have the more suction drop off you will get. 

You have to take into consideration the length of the poles and tool head as well regarding suction losses. The shorter the pull the more suction available. And yes, some of the companies selling gutter kits are taking the pee regarding prices!! 

How come you selling it Cristian?

Edited by THL4KEL
Spelling

Tuffers

@Moor, they do sell the 3000w vac separately. I emailed them because I dropped mine out the back of my van and cracked some of the plastic causing lack of suction. He quoted me £350 inc VAT & delivery.

BTW, if you want a 3000w vac that needs repairing, 50mm hose and 7 alloy poles let me know. I'm not far from you.

Tuffers
12 minutes ago, MikeNW said:

Probably made in the same factory but rebranded. What you need to be aware of is that the outlet needs to be 50mm so that the hose and poles will connect. I emailed 2 suppliers on eBay asking if their outlets were 50mm. Neither bothered replying. Gutter cleaning systems add a 50mm outlet onto their vacs.

As for people saying about bad customer service, I've contacted them twice via email and they responded both times. The first email I sent I asked if they could supply a thumb screw as I had lost one on my first ever job. They sent one out free of charge!

Moor

Thanks tuffers but im

no appliance engineer unfortunately.

I'm still massively confused, they also sell a Karcher setup for £1400, the vac can be had separately for £504, poles are £60+vat per 2m length from carbonfibretubes.co.uk it all adds up to more than I want to spend though really. 

Im further away from a purchase now than when I started.

I think I might just bite the billet and go with the original choice, seems the best value.

Edited by Moor

MikeNW

Good stuff!  I guess they are just busy!  I have emailed them this evening.  If I get a reply I will order from them!  Nice to hear some positive reports.  Not heard anything bad about them untill this thread, some of the stories are a bit off putting!

I rang the ebay seller of that vac, they said it was a 50mm inlet.   Ive got a smaller vac im hoping to use anyway though. 

Moor
4 minutes ago, Tuffers said:

Probably made in the same factory but rebranded. What you need to be aware of is that the outlet needs to be 50mm so that the hose and poles will connect. I emailed 2 suppliers on eBay asking if their outlets were 50mm. Neither bothered replying. Gutter cleaning systems add a 50mm outlet onto their vacs.

As for people saying about bad customer service, I've contacted them twice via email and they responded both times. The first email I sent I asked if they could supply a thumb screw as I had lost one on my first ever job. They sent one out free of charge!

Have you got the tapered poles or clamped versions?

MikeNW
2 minutes ago, Moor said:

Thanks tuffers but im

no appliance engineer unfortunately.

I'm still massively confused, they also sell a Karcher setup for £1400, the vac can be had separately for £504, poles are £60+vat per 2m length from carbonfibretubes.co.uk it all adds up to more than I want to spend though really. 

Im further away from a purchase now than when I started.

haha sounds like we are in exactly the same boat!