Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moor

Anyone use guttercleaningsystems.co.uk vacs?



Recommended Posts

Cristian

That hopefully should be a great kit then once you use it. One thing I would suggest you do before using it on a gutter is put it all together in a clean place and test the suction at the tool end. That's the full 30ft, if the suction is **** send it back. As if you go to use it and it gets dirty scratched etc and it's not any use then I doubt if you would get your money back. :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian

Oh, what length of hose did you get with it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Moor

Thats a good tip, thanks for that. It comes with 5 metres of hose.

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian

5 meters is what I used, perfect length to reduce suction loss and manageable. And no worries, hope everything turns out great for ye, but let us know how you get on!  :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
MikeNW

Well, my poles arrived today as promised. I was in two minds but making up a set myself but thought these would look more professional and they obviously know what's needed better than me. I'm not disappointed as such but I think I would have made them as tidy looking myself. As for the weed fork, I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting an actual fork bent and bolted on :-) The cheapo rear view mirror riveted to a terry clip did make me smile, can't see that being very useful!

20171017_120258.jpg

20171017_120317.jpg

20171017_120244.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Moor

I’m not expecting much from the tools to be honest, as long as the vac and poles are fine I will be happy.

im planning to replace the hose bend with a 135 degree silicone hose, I can imagine the corrugated hose bend will clog up, as for tools it would appear most can be bought separately or made from pvc piping. 

I cant imagine that view from the mirror would be great from 30 foot away! Still gives you a terry clip that you can mount a Wi-fi camera on. 

How are the poles?

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

Can you not adapt the head to fit on your WFP, machine turn a bit of aluminium and stick it down a Gardiner pole. Save yourself a few quid and use the old pole you've been saving just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
adamangler

I found the mirror perfectly useable on standard houses.

 

Alloy poles are heavy and whilst the tools are in by the time youve faffed about using them all, putting the poles up and down etc you'd be better off just cleaning some windows. Far too much of a farce gutter vacs imo.

Share this post


Link to post
MikeNW
6 hours ago, Moor said:

I’m not expecting much from the tools to be honest, as long as the vac and poles are fine I will be happy.

im planning to replace the hose bend with a 135 degree silicone hose, I can imagine the corrugated hose bend will clog up, as for tools it would appear most can be bought separately or made from pvc piping. 

I cant imagine that view from the mirror would be great from 30 foot away! Still gives you a terry clip that you can mount a Wi-fi camera on. 

How are the poles?

Poles are nice and light, in a carry bag.  Seem reasonably strong although I haven't given them any stick yet obviously! Clamps seem ok as well, think I'm glad I went down that route. 

 

Know what your saying about replacing with a silicone hose but I'm not sure. This less of a tight bend and no more likely to block that the vac hose further back. Who knows, time will tell I suppose! Let us know when your order arrives!

Share this post


Link to post
Moor
19 minutes ago, MikeNW said:

Poles are nice and light, in a carry bag.  Seem reasonably strong although I haven't given them any stick yet obviously! Clamps seem ok as well, think I'm glad I went down that route. 

 

Know what your saying about replacing with a silicone hose but I'm not sure. This less of a tight bend and no more likely to block that the vac hose further back. Who knows, time will tell I suppose! Let us know when your order arrives!

 

Good to hear. I will be using all the supplied kit before replacing anything and if all is ok then i will continue with it. Skyvac do a good range of accessories, look good quality too but of course the price reflects that.

Share this post


Link to post
windowsurfer

The weed hook is good for getting out tuffs out. When my 1800wt vac was struggling to haul out gutter full of turf, i put on the weedhook n basically lifted the clumps out.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Moor

It all arrived end of last week, the tipper handle was broken on the vac so I’m waiting for a replacement before using it. Tested it and the suction is phenomenal, should easily be up to the job. The poles are good, the tools less so, they really do look like they have been made in someone’s shed, there’s probably a reason for that though. Saying that it’s considerably cheaper than the equivalent skyvac so you can’t have everything. I have ordered a silicone angle piece and a skyvac end tool to go with it which look more professional, probably not any better but appearance does count when trying to build business up.

The weed tool looks fairly comical, it’s a B&Q cordless screwdriver attached to aluminium angle pieces with a bit of rope to activate the trigger, Heath Robinson at his finest! Looking at the videos on their site it’s effective though and that’s what counts.

Overall for the money I’m happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Moor

I got the 51mm anti jam carbon poles.

Share this post


Link to post
HALTON
I got the 51mm anti jam carbon poles.

Which silicone fitting you get as isn't the sky vac every day tool 44mm?

Just I'm looking for same for a project I'm thinking about

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Moor
15 minutes ago, HALTON said:

Which silicone fitting you get as isn't the sky vac every day tool 44mm?

Just I'm looking for same for a project I'm thinking about

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

 

 

Bugger, didn’t realise the skyvac tool is 44mm, that’s the one I ordered. I got a 51mm silicone 135 degree piece from amazon for just over £10, will see if I can get a reducer for the skyvac tool.  Stainless 51mm pipes from eBay are cheap as chips, might just make my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Moor

Looks like it might be a bit more than 45, need to find a protractor and have a look what’s the best option.

Share this post


Link to post
Moor
2 hours ago, dc75 said:

Hi, I have the Skyvac tools and they are all cut at 45 degrees including the dirt breaker.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
 

 

Thanks for that, very helpful info 👍

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.