Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying rounds

There are loads of factors to take in to account when valuing or buying work,

work can sell for

anything from1x -12x the value.

it's price will depend on how long it has been established for?

How many hours/days to clean?

Average price per customer?

Domestic or commercial,wfp or trad?

Reson for the sale?

payment methods

How compact the work is?

etc,etc

But ultimately a round is only worth what some one is willing to pay and that will determine the price.

Where are you, how many houses, how often, are they close to each other, how do they pay. There are other questions but this should be enough to start with. Basically between 3 and 6 times monthly turnover depending on the answers to the previous questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually pay for what it's worth on book mate 1 clean worth

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

You wouldn't even get a decent canveser at 1x at the minute..

A decent canveser is anything from 2x-3x 

a good round should fetch x5 minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most reputable canvassers are currently charging 3 x cleans and have long waiting lists. 

If you're buying a round the value is up to you.  Only you know what you're willing to offer.  

For a compact quality round with several years of records and customers all paying on line and all work WFP you can pay as much as 6 x cleans. 

For a ratty old note pad with penciled in names I wouldn't give more than 1 x clean. 

If you're wanting to grow customers our lead gen service can help.

i would want to work the round with the guy first and see the jobs and prices its a big risk buying a second hand round i brought one a long time ago only to roads £140 odd of work i payed the old boy £70 but he was prity much giving it away  the road was trad cleaned for donkys years now its wfp ive even picked up a few extra jobs in each road but would i buy a round and shell out 2k+ no chance i would rather go out door knocking my self and win the work, to lower the risk but £400 pm of work is not a lot of work tbf

I’m meeting up with him next week he has said selling due to bad health and can’t work
How can I make sure he is not going to rip me off
He said he will take me round to meet customers one evening but I wouldn’t like to hand over any money to I have met them

You need to randomly choose customers from his list to meet

That way you know they are not just mates of his

I’m just starting up first one I’m buying just thought would give me good kick start

Bottom line is all you're buying is goodwill. They might be his clients but he doesn't own them and they could easily find someone else if they choose to.

Depending were in the UK you live 40 houses at £10.00 house shouldn't be that hard to get if you get out canvassing.

If you only have 1-2 days work a week then get out knocking doors

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have sold and bought work and never had a problem.

It's like buying a car or similar you can normally sum up if the seller is genuine in about the first 5 minutes of meeting them.

Back