Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to get a one Clean to monthly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Generally a customer wants what they want... and you’ll just end up being messed about if you convince them otherwise.

Bump the price up for one offs, give them a good price for regular cleans can persuade some.

But generally, just give them what they ask for.

I dont think its a lost cause to up sell one off customers to regular monthly's, after all we up sell on other things they may not have considered like gutters, conys and internals etc. I do my best whenever possible to sing them onto Gocardless as Ive noticed less of a drop off with customers using my preferred method of payment. social conditioning phrases like "my other customers in the area have theirs cleaned monthly" and "you've probably noticed I clean your neighbors property regularly to keep them clean". people are sensitive of what others think and what others do, largely peoples behavior conforms to their environment. if you can give enough evidence to a potential costumer that other locals consider your services important enough for regular cleans it will go a long way in helping them make a decision that will result in a new costumer. there is an element of convincing as there is with every regular customer I have, what I mean is I have to convince them every time I clean that Im worth keeping. Best of Luck!

My take on this is that people who ask for a one off are not minded to have it done regularly.  I never try to up-sell, I know if I did they would just have it done once or twice and then cancel - or worse, keep skipping to the point where I don't know if I have them as a customer or not.  I'm not interested in one-offs, I want full rounds of (reasonably) reliable regular customers - simple to schedule, easy financial forecasting etc etc.

I want my business to run smoothly with an absolute minimum of input from me, this is the beauty of repeat 'round' work - it goes on automatically with a 'nudge' now and then to keep it on the right track.

Keeping it simple means it runs more efficiently, generates more income from a stable customer base and reduces wasted time.

Why complicate things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back