Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flyers

Leaflets are handy to let potential customers know what you do and average prices but the return from them can be very low as most people just bin them ,

I recently asked this to the forum and had mixed feedback after deciding to trial it myself I did something myself and printed on high grade paper at home that was over 6 weeks ago and only 2 enquiries so far and I've dropped at least 2.5k leaflets so far.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used Vistaprint,

When your knocking you need something to leave them with, whether they are in or not.

And as Max mentioned it is hit or miss.....nothings guaranteed in this life except death and taxes.

Iron Giant don’t give them anything I thought good to give them something at the door

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Iron Giant don’t give them anything I thought good to give them something at the door

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
If they do or don' want a cleaner they will let you know at the door, I could drop up to 100 flyers and not get one call and could have spent 30 minutes convincing myself I was been productive and I would get some jobs, I have spent 20 minutes knocking doors in the past and picked up 4 regular jobs. 

Look at this way we all have busy lives and always intend to get everything sorted that needs sorting but life gets in the way we forget and days, weeks and months fly by, A flyer will get put to one side and eventually get binned or get binned straight away. Some people  also want to see who it is who will be cleaning their windows and to get a measure of a person 

If they do or don' want a cleaner they will let you know at the door, I could drop up to 100 flyers and not get one call and could have spent 30 minutes convincing myself I was been productive and I would get some jobs, I have spent 20 minutes knocking doors in the past and picked up 4 regular jobs. 

Look at this way we all have busy lives and always intend to get everything sorted that needs sorting but life gets in the way we forget and days, weeks and months fly by, A flyer will get put to one side and eventually get binned or get binned straight away. Some people  also want to see who it is who will be cleaning their windows and to get a measure of a person 
I have had customers contact me from flyers I  have left several weeks after I had done the drops, I think they work, course you ain,t gonna get anywhere near 100 per cent return, same as knocking. But if over time you drop 1000 and only end up with 10 extra customers.

You are looking at over 100 payments per year! if you do monthly

Depends where you are. I get Royal Mail to flyer villages god us, it would take ages to canvass them if the houses are spread out down drives etc.

you need to do a bit of everything re advertising.

I use flyer's to take a look at the house. Don't think people would like me walking up to there house and walking away from it. so I drop a leaflet and make a a note of everyone who doesn't have a window cleaner. Then I call back to them at evenings and weekends. I find there's nothing more soul destroying than hearing thousands of people say they have one. This cuts that down a lot.

We have also abandoned flyers. Pointless in modern times.  Will be ordering some X.L. business cards in future if I need something to leave them. 
I know you posted this a month ago green pro clean ltd but iv noticed almost no response of leaflets which is why I make a note of those who don't have a window cleaner. How does your system work with your lead generater as I may well be interested. Does it provide work close together or quite far apart as I know I'm canvassing an area crying out for a window cleaner but I just don't have enough time to do enough canvassing

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve found putting leaflets through the door gets v little return!! Knock on the doors and speak to people!!!! Leave a flyer ( often binned ) AND a business card ( often kept!!) and anyone who takes them if they’ve not rung within a month or so pop by on a courtesy call.Not only is this a reminder but shows that your serious!! ??

I know you posted this a month ago green pro clean ltd but iv noticed almost no response of leaflets which is why I make a note of those who don't have a window cleaner. How does your system work with your lead generater as I may well be interested. Does it provide work close together or quite far apart as I know I'm canvassing an area crying out for a window cleaner but I just don't have enough time to do enough canvassing

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Currently using Green on his lead generation. Thus far very good response. I'd give it a go!

Hi 

Yes I am getting some flyers done very soon. I am going to order 1000 for now and get some business cards. My wife goes business networking so mixing with lots of different people locally. I have just started out but it sound like best way to get customers is door to door. I will be speaking to them and leaving them with the flyer if in or not. Wife is on job getting flyers done once done we going to get out there. 

Really interesting to hear different views. How many people use facebook ads?

Tried flyers and got 4 hits from 2000 posted . went door knocking for an hour and got 4 regular monthly cleans at 17 quid a pop . that hour paid thr van insurance for the next year. Ive found work hard be as efficient as you can get the work done and at the end of the month spend a day door knocking and it reaps the rewards . i try never to do the first cleans that day . tell tem it will be done the next time you are in that area so it ties in with the round . also the more you do it the better your patter becomes wear your belt if your trad have a company tshirt on look smart carry cards and have a clip board and keep a note of who say no and who does not answer and you will pick up lots of work.

Latest Posts

Back