Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Aqua-dapter

Guest Aqua-dapter

Guest Aqua-dapter

Hi,

Just checking with some of the guys who said they were going to buy an Aqua-dapter (window washer and colinvansmith I think) - did you get one, and if so, what do you think of it?

Paul

Guest colinvansmith

Not yet but im buying one this week coming, i'll post once i've used it :)

Col

Hi,

Just checking with some of the guys who said they were going to buy an Aqua-dapter (window washer and colinvansmith I think) - did you get one, and if so, what do you think of it?

Paul

Guest window washer

Hi

Moved house 3 weeks ago so have had a lot on just cathicng up with work.

Also no internet for 3 weeks as Sky took until today to install the line!!!!

I will get one this week but after a lot of thought I can see it will be a benifit

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MathewL

Hi,

Paul

Yeah i have one. Just bought it recently. What do you want to know about it. Just ask me. I will tell you.

Guest colinvansmith

I just bought one, good bit of kit defo saves on time and water. However, couple of negative points the hose that come with it is prone to kinking and costs time to keep fixing would be better if the hose was softer, sometimes the little cross that spins to turn the water on/off get stuck midway so the water won't turn off so it take time to drop the pole down to fix it. other than that i really like it and would recommend to anyone.

Guest Aqua-dapter

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear your positive comments ;)

Most people say that the hose doesn't kink easily, but it does take a few days to settle down. It needs to be low stretch because it's being pulled all the time, a "softer" hose will wear out quicker, and would also affect performance.

The behaviour you mention about the wheel only going mid-way is usually because of what we describe as a "half-pull". If the carriage doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the unit, the wheel doesn't rotate quite far enough and that can mean the trigger doesn't pop up.

Generally after a short while using it, you get the feel of how strongly you need to pull it which minimizes the happening.

Paul

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.