Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How we got effed Again!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do they not pay towards their water charge through the council tax, same as what we do in Scotland, although theirs is a little cheaper. 

I pay £162 a month for council tax which includes the water charge, thats for a 3 bed semi. 

I pay £130 per month for council tax... (London) 

water charges are a completely separate thing, approx £30 per month (Thames Water) so altogether im paying pretty much the same as you SkulBlaker

I suppose Northern Ireland is different because it's not part of Great Britain, they have different employment laws and stuff like that

Just another example of fairness in 'Great Britain' 

Did you know that the Irish  (NI) DON'T PAY FOR THEIR WATER? 

Nope. No such thing as a water bill in Ireland.   

There's fairness for you.  

well the fact that Northern Ireland aren't part of Great Britain may go some way to explaining it,,,  :1f609:

But i agree, it does seem a bit unfair...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we going to be that pedantic Spartan? 

They may not be GB but they are UK. 

Why the efff does this country still feel it's alright to have one rule for them and one for us?  I'm just sick of us not singing from the same hymn sheet mate.   Bad enough to be white, heterosexual, married, Catholic and middle-aged and speak English.... that's discriminated against enough already but to now find out that I'm also discriminated against simply for the part of the UK I live in as well, that is a bit of a P.I$$ take to top it all off. 

Why the efff does this country still feel it's alright to have one rule for them and one for us?  I'm just sick of us not singing from the same hymn sheet mate.   Bad enough to be white, heterosexual, married, Catholic and middle-aged and speak English.... that's discriminated against enough already but to now find out that I'm also discriminated against simply for the part of the UK I live in as well, that is a bit of a P.I$$ take to top it all off. 

as i said, it does seem, and most likely is unfair.

Pedantic? well yes and no...

You asked how is it that they don't have to pay water rates whereas we do...

The answer is because they're a different country and not part of Great Britain and hence the Northern Ireland government make up their own rules (to a certain extent) for society.

My kids have set off last month to Uni at a cost of £9k per year for tuition (plus living costs)

If they lived in Scotland it'll be free for them.... how is that fair?

I suppose if I wanted free university for my kids I'd have to move to Scotland and I wanted free water I'd have to move to Northern Ireland!

BUT, I love living in London as its the best city in the world and so I'll continue to pay water and university fees  :1f603:

Totally agree. Even worse is the fact that these other 'British' country's have their own governments and we don't. 

I still love London but it has changed a lot 

Good to go out but I wouldn't want to be bringing my son up there where i grew up

The only thing is growing up in Hertfordshire i feel he is not clued up enough to be going down there with his mates

That on it's own shows how London has got more dodgy over the years 

I have always thought it was wrong how everything costs more to live down here 

Unless you are from certain communities of course :1f609:

Northern Irish do in fact pay something towards water/sewage  charges, its only around £13 a month which isn't a lot but they do still pay something. Devolved governments are all well and good but at the end of the day it's Westminster that hold all power in regards to how much money each country get, there's Northern Ireland just been handed a Billion pound golden handshake for enabling the tories to stay in government. I hate politics, it only causes arguments, we the working class will always be screwed over regardless, both paying for the rich and the poor.

Yep, there's no getting away from the fact it doesn't matter if you live in England,Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland were all getting screwed over in taxes in one way or another!!!!  :1f624:

Totally agree. Even worse is the fact that these other 'British' country's have their own governments and we don't. 
WE DONT HAVE OUR OWN  goverment 

it broke down and   civil servants are running ther country because  the ***** cant agree

its down to

one politcal party doesnt want to pass an irish langauge act

and dont want to pass  equilaty and marraige for  *** rights in northern ireland

the other group wont  go into goverment   because the other group wont biudge lol  

lol

also  @Green Pro Clean Ltd is learning about irish  politics and  err ..  were u can work and cant work lol  in ni  lmao

WE DONT HAVE OUR OWN  goverment 

it broke down and   civil servants are running ther country because  the ***** cant agree

its down to

one politcal party doesnt want to pass an irish langauge act

and dont want to pass  equilaty and marraige for  *** rights in northern ireland

the other group wont  go into goverment   because the other group wont biudge lol  

lol

also  @Green Pro Clean Ltd is learning about irish  politics and  err ..  were u can work and cant work lol  in ni  lmao
Message for @Gav. I understand why swear words are blanked out on here, but don't you think blanking out the word g A y is a bit ott? If homophobic things are said, then a warning is right, but to mention g a y people isn't homophobic, they are people as well, so not to be able to use that word, ironically could be seen as homophobic by this forum?

Slightly pedantic admittedly, just thought I'd mention it ?

Back