Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter machine

Aqua-pure Portadown

Need a bit of info on whats needed for a gutter vac,obviously a 3000 watt machine ,min 50mm pipe ,how does everyone get power for it can you ? harness van battery for power or do you need a genie and if so what size ?

( any links would be appreciated )[emoji16]

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just ask customer it's lot of power and would need a good genie . All my customers are fine about using there electric

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just ask customer it's lot of power and would need a good genie . All my customers are fine about using there electric

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Need a bit of info on whats needed for a gutter vac,obviously a 3000 watt machine ,min 50mm pipe ,how does everyone get power for it can you ? harness van battery for power or do you need a genie and if so what size ?
( any links would be appreciated )[emoji16]
TIA

Then you are dependant in someone being at home [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

genrator  bout 5-6 kw
10 meter hose
extension lead for the power

then the vac and sdystem
don't under stand why you would want to fork out for a generator and have the hassle of carrying it in your van, just get long extension reel and use customers electric...any of my customers that have wanted gutters doing i tell them when I can do it and they make sure there in, job done.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The way I look at is this if a sparky or a gas engineer or even a house cleaner turned up, no customer would expect them not to use their power..

If there not home I just get them to leave a power cord in a plastic bag through a window. Just post it back through when I'm done..

Last edited by a moderator:
don't under stand why you would want to fork out for a generator and have the hassle of carrying it in your van, just get long extension reel and use customers electric...any of my customers that have wanted gutters doing i tell them when I can do it and they make sure there in, job done.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

cause 80 % of the time i use my mahine  customers not home or its a cmmercial

I make about £10k a year on gutter cleaning and have only ever use my generator. I only have it in the van when I know I'm cleaning them and as I do them in groups I tend not to have much water in the van. 

Back