Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van ports

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dr Von Samstein

I want to put van ports in but I'm a bit nervous about drilling the floor. You can see where my pipework runs so that's where I want to drill 2 18mm holes, and underneath it comes out near the smudge. Is it gonna be okay drilling holes there? 

Also, does this count as a modification I would have to tell insurance company?

Thanks

IMG_20171007_163157493.jpg

IMG_20171007_163138440.jpg

As long as you don't hit anything underneath it will be fine. It doesn't count as a modification as far as I know 

Just wanted to update on this. I phoned insurance (Hastings direct brokers, who checked with axa) and they confirmed it was an acceptable modification on my policy.

bit of messing about but got it plumbed in today, need a bit of lath or something in my bumper to hold it straighter, the company before me must have bumped it and it's got a split but stitched back together.

I'm contemplating drilling 2 holes straight into the bumper so I don't have this panel hanging down, what do you think?

I stuck mine straight through the door when i had a tank

Needs a grommet to tidy up the top hole in the trim as i misjudged it at first (remember lads measure twice cut once rather than eyeballing it lol)

Works perfect though and will be fine for when i get my 400l flat tank and install my bilge pump to fill trolley 

20171017_195642.jpg

Sam, I fitted my ports today and my bumpers kicked up the same problem as yours, it was all wonky. I super glued a 1cm (approx) strip of aluminium to the front at the top of the bend and then fitted it as normal. Looks brilliant now. I'll do a load of pics when the project is finished.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Get a side van port and get jiggly with a jug saw have fun [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

be78fdea55489a3f67760f0dcadedf7b.jpg
c8cf28b1e112f6e4e89ad0766875372e.jpg

Outside inside much better don't have to bend down does ya back in [emoji4]

The way I see it is doors locked you can just get on doing your job now worries
By time I replace the van port will either be worn out or can remove it and fit a external plug to fill the hole

I'd say no too
It's a van how did you bolt in your water tank as that's got to go through chassis [emoji848]

I'd say no too
It's a van how did you bolt in your water tank as that's got to go through chassis
emoji848.png

lol have you got a shock coming to you then vw uk at milton k. put it in writeing  to me , that drilling the chassis  on our t5 would void all the running gear  and anit corrosion  warranty unless we  had a full structural report done !  

lol have you got a shock coming to you then vw uk at milton k. put it in writeing  to me , that drilling the chassis  on our t5 would void all the running gear  and anit corrosion  warranty unless we  had a full structural report done !  
Ionic drill through the chassis to hold in there 600 ltr tanks they even have one of them crash test videos to show what would happen in a head on crash you don't want to be sitting in front of a ton of water at any speed [emoji15][emoji23]

Ionic drill through the chassis to hold in there 600 ltr tanks they even have one of them crash test videos to show what would happen in a head on crash you don't want to be sitting in front of a ton of water at any speed
emoji15.png
emoji23.png

there millions of tonnes of cargo shipped daily using straps ,  eddie stobart spend more on toilet paper then ionic earn a year guess i believe them more 

if ionic had real real prof that would stand in court then by law its they duty of court to inform everybody , ford spend millions and millions crash testing all new models loaded and unloaded using there tie down points there vans wouldnt get the green light if they didnt pass the tests 

i good strapped in tank is as good as a bolted in one , and the bonus is if my gear box dropped in the new van its gets fixed free nothing worse then getting a 4k bill because some one didnt tell you buy drilling three holes in you van that you paid 2ok for a year earlier is worthless 

Back