Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

unger s channel plus, any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

looking to get new squeegee for a lad whos helping me out for a few days and my backup squeegee is getting a bit tired, and he doesn't get on with liquidator. Are these channels any good? Looks slightly dog earred so hopefully speed him up a bit, he's on a self employed basis as he only with me 2 days a week for 3 weeks, so after that it'll be my new backup. He's fine with normal channels as used to be on the glass 6 years ago, but tried him yesterday with may liquidator abd can't stand it! I've got a facelift handle in my father in laws shed, just no channel. Don't wanna spend a fortune, and has to be compatible with u get ergotec handles if there are better options, cheers in advance

looking to get new squeegee for a lad whos helping me out for a few days and my backup squeegee is getting a bit tired, and he doesn't get on with liquidator. Are these channels any good? Looks slightly dog earred so hopefully speed him up a bit, he's on a self employed basis as he only with me 2 days a week for 3 weeks, so after that it'll be my new backup. He's fine with normal channels as used to be on the glass 6 years ago, but tried him yesterday with may liquidator abd can't stand it! I've got a facelift handle in my father in laws shed, just no channel. Don't wanna spend a fortune, and has to be compatible with u get ergotec handles if there are better options, cheers in advance
the s plus is good, its not quite as good as liquidator for zero detailing but it's easier to use and does cut down a lot of detailing compared to a standard channel

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

ok so the channels good,no detailing needed apart from the sill,i dont like the excelerator handle;feels too big and cumbersome prefer the ninja handle,oh and moerman soft rubber wasnt to my liking.
I dont use a pole for trad work,use ladders, so for me in hindsight i would just buy the channel only,but going to persevere with it for a while and see if i change my mind

ok so the channels good,no detailing needed apart from the sill,i dont like the excelerator handle;feels too big and cumbersome prefer the ninja handle,oh and moerman soft rubber wasnt to my liking.
I dont use a pole for trad work,use ladders, so for me in hindsight i would just buy the channel only,but going to persevere with it for a while and see if i change my mind

try the bi component handle if you don't change your mind, very similar feel to the ergotec, and moerman hard rubber/razr red/ettore master

i got one of these the other day.  I was initially impressed but soon found that it works better on some windows than others. i have noticed that when the channel runs along the edge of certain window frames, it pushes the rubber in, making it curve slightly and, thus, leaving a thick but faint  line of water along the edge. i quickly got hacked off with it and banged it back in the car. 

Having thought about it, I may trim the rubber slightly......this may ease the slight curving effect when it runs along the frame edge.

Back