Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator 2.0 trouble (fliq)

paul alan

Have recently got a 14" liquidator and I'm experiencing trouble when fanning.

its leaving wet blade marks across the glass when fanning, I'm also finding that unless I push pretty firmly I get water marks from around the centre of the channel when straight pulling, I was wandering if the blade isn't straight so I changed the pre-fitted merman rubber for some pullex hard rubber and I'm still having the same problem.

I tried taking the fliq pad off and its no better. it seems ok when pushing hard on straight pulls but when fanning its no good at all.

I have been using wagtail for years and have only been using this new one a few times, what am I doing wrong???

Was watching the trad-man videos last night and practising on my own windows but still not getting it, been trading for years and not had these problems.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Without seeing you in action it is hard to diagnose the problem

I've been using the liquidators since before they were released for general sale with prototypes etc and have a lot of experience with them but without seeing wouldn't know what to suggest 

I'm watching polz n bladz, is it me or is he blading pretty slowly?

Maybe I'm just going too fast for it?? was fine with the wagtail though??

I’ve had an issue myself with the liquidator the last few times I’ve used it as it left lean lines and streaks running through the centre of the rubber. I tried it on my windows at home yesterday and it worked fine. I tried it again later in the afternoon and it left lines again. Used it this morning on an interior clean and same issue again. I’ve genuinely no idea what I’m doing wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What I have found is using 10" excelorator is better and only use 14"excelorator  for big panes and make sure ther is no excess of rubber hanging over blue end clips .

no excess at all!

there's just water left on the glass after fanning and when straight pulling, its bizarre.

you can eliminate it when straight pulling by pushing harder on the squeegee but doesn't help when fanning.

at first I thought it may be off the fliq pad but still same issue when I take it off??

If you have been trading for ages then it's not your technique. You can watch videos all night it willnt solve the problem.   

I bought 2 , 10 inch exceleraters , both were ****   Until I straightened them , I had lines all over the place . Now there are brilliant 

Look at your blade , if the blue tips are way out of line ( if it a banana shape ) dip the ends in boiling water and straighten them until cool . 

Try more soap for slip .

I use I get hard rubber .

Also so I found using it on 40 setting works better for me . 

I bought a 14 inch from a different company, working perfectly from the box . Straight as a die . 

Hope this helps 

Have recently got a 14" liquidator and I'm experiencing trouble when fanning.
its leaving wet blade marks across the glass when fanning, I'm also finding that unless I push pretty firmly I get water marks from around the centre of the channel when straight pulling, I was wandering if the blade isn't straight so I changed the pre-fitted merman rubber for some pullex hard rubber and I'm still having the same problem.

I tried taking the fliq pad off and its no better. it seems ok when pushing hard on straight pulls but when fanning its no good at all.

I have been using wagtail for years and have only been using this new one a few times, what am I doing wrong???

Was watching the trad-man videos last night and practising on my own windows but still not getting it, been trading for years and not had these problems.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
https://youtu.be/8pnUaRsnzdg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

2 minutes ago, Trad-Man said:

Been watching this mr trad man, as well as a lot of others of yours!

You give a lot of good advice but I'm not sure which advice you give is specific to my problem.

From what I'm describing where do I need to focus on to solve the problem?

many thanks

actually watched this vid tonight already for the second time, I thought the green clips were to stop the rubber slipping but my squeegee doesn't seem as though the rubber will slip as the handle bites into the rubber when connecting to the channel?

hi there.  these   tools are very tedius to say .   try using aprofessional  soap like Ettore , then use Ettore hard rubber use no pressure , as this will force streaks let the pole take its own weight , gentle turns , try washing the pad every couple of cleans as when used in the sunlight thesun soap-dirt and water radiates on the glass .

Been watching this mr trad man, as well as a lot of others of yours!

You give a lot of good advice but I'm not sure which advice you give is specific to my problem.

From what I'm describing where do I need to focus on to solve the problem?

many thanks
sure no problem,

ok we have to figure out what may be the issues step by step.

1. Have you tried dunking the applicator in clean plain water then add the dish soap to the applicator sleeve? this gives a better solution consistency on the glass which the liquidator channels need.

2. try ettore master soft rubber it's a nice tight fit in the channel so you may not even need the Unger green clips.

3. If it works in hand but not on a pole it will either be the angle the squeegee is set at or the angle your holding the pole. Try experimenting with different angles till you mimic the angle you have the squeegee in hand.

4. always use a good condition rubber. If the rubber is even slightly worn/ nicked at the ends, due to the dogear'n blue clips putting more pressure on the tips of the rubber you will get lines so keep a close eye on your squeegee rubber condition. I check mine daily.

sure no problem,

ok we have to figure out what may be the issues step by step.

1. Have you tried dunking the applicator in clean plain water then add the dish soap to the applicator sleeve? this gives a better solution consistency on the glass which the liquidator channels need.

2. try ettore master soft rubber it's a nice tight fit in the channel so you may not even need the Unger green clips.

3. If it works in hand but not on a pole it will either be the angle the squeegee is set at or the angle your holding the pole. Try experimenting with different angles till you mimic the angle you have the squeegee in hand.

4. always use a good condition rubber. If the rubber is even slightly worn/ nicked at the ends, due to the dogear'n blue clips putting more pressure on the tips of the rubber you will get lines so keep a close eye on your squeegee rubber condition. I check mine daily.

1. yes, was practising this way on my windows for an hour.

2. have tried the merman soft rubber it came with-no likey!   had some pulex hard rubber delivered(my preference) and no better.

3. Haven't yet tried on the pole or needed to, I'm still trying to learn by hand.

4. rubber is brand new.

do you think the blue end clips are "banana" shaping the blade?    (as someone else mentioned) I feel there is some merit to this theory as when I push harder the streaks go away when pulling straight, almost as though when I push harder I'm "straightening out" the rubber?

I am time served "trads" man and can fly around windows with my wagtail right handed-left handed-blindfolded I just cant work this one out!!

I would like to be able to blame the tool, haha.

admittedly I haven't spent long with it.

I had this problem too , you have to bend the blue clips back away from the rubber so that the rubber is straight and not bent at the clips.  I thought it was a soap issue but now I can fan a window using gg4 and it doesn't leave a trace. Granted you shouldn't have to modify something u buy for it to work but that will 100% fix your problem.  Also use razr red 

Back