Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franchise

There are a few round this way but i don't know any personally

I suppose it could work but they may get the idea to go off on their own

Depends i think on the person

I would never do it but for someone who has no idea how to start a business but wants a new career it may suit

Get given all the work you want and work under their brand name and give say 20% or something for the privellage

If you were stuck in an office and wanted out and someone would give you £1k work a week you may be tempted

Although that is 20% gone before you even pay tax and national insurance which in the uk is roughly another 30%

Why any one would  pay to franchise joe blogs domestic window cleaning is beyond me. But people are  and in my opinion they are absolutely mad.

Your basically paying for a job.

i can understand why people pay to franchise things like Costa coffe,McDonalds and dominos for example but domestic window cleaning I just can't see why you would..

The biggest window cleaning company in my area is a franchise. The business as a whole gets some real benefits via the uniform sign written vans and the fact every window cleaner he takes on he registers them on google my business at their address under the business name so they get loads of exposure.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Why any one would  pay to franchise joe blogs domestic window cleaning is beyond me. But people are  and in my opinion they are absolutely mad.

Your basically paying for a job.

i can understand why people pay to franchise things like Costa coffe,McDonalds and dominos for example but domestic window cleaning I just can't see why you would..

You are paying for a job, but you might not be in a position to get a job earning anywhere near as much as you may have zero qualifications and job prospects. I think its great for someone who doesnt want the hassles of running a business.

Dont forget the franchisee gets all customers replaced for free, all he has to worry about is cleaning and very little admin.

madness to me too, but not everyone wants to be a business owner.

When I first set up I looked at a franchise. You had to lease a van off them with their logo on, they had a phone number and took the calls. There wasn't any guarantee of how much work you got and you were expected to generate a fair bit for yourself. 

The overall package to me seemed very expensive for what you got so I set it up myself. I did however have a lot of business experience, admittedly in a totally different business field, and wasn't daunted. 

My advice is if you have the money to buy a franchise use that to finance your own business as you can set it up a lot cheaper and the money saved will pay the bills for quite a few months. 

I get that not every one wants to run a business but then why not just get a job.

They will get on a average 28 days holiday no van,fuel,phone,water production and  eqipment costs a pension no account fees etc,etc 

A window cleaner working for a biggish commercial firm will get around £75-£100 a day with the option of overtime if they want

A franchise on around 1k  will pay 20% royalties 25-30% tax,ni and accountant fees then another 10-20% running cost fuel,water,phone,tools and that grand a week self employed dosen't start to look that good for cleaning work you never actually own not to mention the 6-12k franchise fee at the start for that freshly canvassed round and a tablet with cleaner planner on it.

hardly madness

u go do 1200 worth of work a week say in 40 hours

u give % to  franchise

u get new custom weekly genreatred by there name and exposure and there online presence

they help u expand

banks and loan companies reconise it as a business faster

u arent  a worker   

u are working to be part of something bigger

alot of people commenting are to small minded to  growth and  future

Was Green Pro wanting to know from the franchisee's viewpoint, or the franchisor?
Either to be honest @Bumblebee72

Kind of curious about it as was watching a Green Thumb Gardener the other day.  

Green Thumb are everywhere. Their franchises are 'dead mens shoes' and their highly respected in their field. Also their guys are never short of work. 

We don't seem to have any equivalent in our industry.  There are a few small ones but most stay local to an area and seem to have some very high buy in costs.  There does not seem to be any national operator yet. 

Again just curious 

These are just my opinions.

But why not do the bigger picture as you say for your self.

Build your own brand,build your own online exposure and generate your own work.

Why rely on some one else to do that for you?

And some of the people selling franchise at the minute are hardly big names and brands.I could understand if you where buying a franchise in say mitie or servest but joe blogs window cleaning I just can't.

most people talk about the franchisee as if they are unable to tie there shoes and need there hand held but most are smart.And domestic window cleaning isn't that hard there doing the work any way so why not do it for yourself.

hardly madness

u go do 1200 worth of work a week say in 40 hours

u give % to  franchise

u get new custom weekly genreatred by there name and exposure and there online presence

they help u expand

banks and loan companies reconise it as a business faster

u arent  a worker   

u are working to be part of something bigger

alot of people commenting are to small minded to  growth and  future

You sound like a franchisor, Peter?

Either to be honest @Bumblebee72

Kind of curious about it as was watching a Green Thumb Gardener the other day.  

Green Thumb are everywhere. Their franchises are 'dead mens shoes' and their highly respected in their field. Also their guys are never short of work. 

We don't seem to have any equivalent in our industry.  There are a few small ones but most stay local to an area and seem to have some very high buy in costs.  There does not seem to be any national operator yet. 

Again just curious 

Just had a quick look on Google, there are a few national ones.

Green Thumb - they are a bit more sophisticated than a basic mowing service (Although Jim's Mowing is a world wide franchise!) offering lawn treatment and garden maintenance.  There's no reason why some enterprising bod couldn't create a similar window cleaning franchise - just no-ones got round to it yet, though seem to be a few as above that are heading that way.

Local franchises - seem to operate on the USP of guaranteeing as much work as the franchisee can use.  Bit difficult to do at a distance, hence the tendency to remain local.

Back