Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners 100° fan jets

Dave B

Staff member
Just ordered some and i use currently 4 pencil jets in an extreme brush as i love the way it rinses using the swivel without actually rinsing

Anyone using them who can tell me what is the lowest setting they can use on their controller and still get a good rinse

I always rinse on the glass with the swivel

Currently i am using a grippatank 6lpm pump which is i believe the same as the gardiners one

Hopefully i can get a good flow without having to have it on 50 as i do now as i use a trolley and can cane the water if not carefull

Just ordered some and i use currently 4 pencil jets in an extreme brush as i love the way it rinses using the swivel without actually rinsing
Anyone using them who can tell me what is the lowest setting they can use on their controller and still get a good rinse
I always rinse on the glass with the swivel
Currently i am using a grippatank 6lpm pump which is i believe the same as the gardiners one
Hopefully i can get a good flow without having to have it on 50 as i do now as i use a trolley and can cane the water if not carefull

Not related to the fan jets but interested in the 4 pencil setup, is more water used as opposed to 2?

Yes as 25 on my controller will give an ok flow through 2 jets but the flow is halved once you add a second set so you have to whack the flow up to get it out of all four at more than a dribble

Yes as 25 on my controller will give an ok flow through 2 jets but the flow is halved once you add a second set so you have to whack the flow up to get it out of all four at more than a dribble
25  :1f632:  dammmmm thats a low flow im 60 on my 2 pencle jet set up 

i went from 2 then went 4 then tryed fans then seteld on 2 pencles each to there own tho i found flat out on fans best

Been using the black fans now for a month and I love them. 

They are noisy compared to the reds so if you are switching from pencils prepare for a shock. A handful of my customers have commented on it but not in a negative way. I don’t mind it.

Performance wise, I have found them really good. They work much better in my view than the reds, and at a much lower flow rate. However, my preference is to run them at full flow using my 5lpm 70psi pump. I’m working a little faster and using noticeably less water than with the reds.

The 4 jets, on 45 & 35cm brushes, are really only beneficial on jobs where you have a lot of big windows and straight angles to clean them.
I am using 4 on a standard size extreme

Due to the way i work it is very beneficial to me

I just don't need to rinse anything as the rinsing is done automatically with that flow and if i work quick i can actually save water

ah red it rong  :1f602:  i was like  :1f4a9:  thats a trickel 25  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:
25 will make 2 jets a couple of inches long

With 4 jets you wouldn't see any water coming out the end of the brush

It would need to be at least 40 for the same size jets out the end

I usually work between 40 and 60 depending on the job

i was at 70 but have now droped to 60 and im saving on water but losing on time but still working fast enough with out killing my self for me 60 is rock bottom unless on doggy windows that leak

Don’t know if everyone will experience this but I found them to be an easier fit than the red fans or pencils. In fact they can be fitted and removed by hand in Gardiner’s brushes which makes them easier to maintain. I’ve had two blockages where I’ve picked up some debris on my hose before connecting. So I carry a spare and just swap it out whilst at work (takes seconds) and clear the blocked one when I’ve got time to fiddle at home

I went from super-lite with 2 jets, to xtreme with 4. Some jobs I can do almost twice as fast and I use less water.

Perhaps I should write up a review. It has really changed my days for the better. I do have a lot of large commercia lthough.

I have 2x Tecbuks. 1 with fan jets (use mainly for first cleans, especially good on frames) the other Hybrid (30% Boars Hair) has 2x 2mm pencils. Both excellent but the key on all my brushes is pivot fittings (I’ve also got a 4 jet Tucker and a brace of Constructor Brushes with top mount rinse bars). The speed and efficiency gained with the pivot more than makes up for the extra water that multiple jets or rinse bars may use. More water? Yes, but less time on the glass means water useage is almost the same.

Got my fans this afternoon

Done a handfull of jobs with them and absolutely love them

No rinsing needed whatsoever

Back