• Don't want to see this ad? Register and login to remove it.

222wrighty

How much more for one off cleans ????

1 hour ago, 222wrighty said:

I’m getting a lot of calls for one off cleans thinking 2x or 3x what I would charge for monthly?

I don’t really want to be doing one off cleans need regular customers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

In an ideal world you don't want one off cleans but sometimes when you've just set up you have to take the money whenever you can. One good thing about one offs is that you can then canvass the area you're in and also you are very visible to neighbours when you are working and far more likely to pick the business up. Going out and making £30 pays your diesel for a few weeks.

• Like 2

Usually refuse one off cleans but if I get the feel that I may become a regular clean then I will do it. Got asked last week to clean a restaurant bar... hasn't ever been cleaned properly.

Usually the first thing I always say is... do you want this done on a regular basis. This time for some stupid reason I just figured he would as he approached me and seemed very keen.

I gave him a great price, one that could have been doubled for an initial clean because I figured I had it on the regular. 2 and half hours later, place is spotless I hand the invoice in and I say when do you want me back? To which he replied, "we will ring you". That old chestnut.

He then followed that by saying they don't want them cleaned alot, followed by we have interior glass that you could do next time.

Now usually I would say look maybe best you get someone else as I only do regular cleans but I'm waiting to see if he comes around. If he rings me few months from now then I'm going to give him a ridiculous quote and if he questions it then I will have my say. Honestly though I just want to tell him to bleep off but it's local and in a place where I have a block of work.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

• Like 2

I have never asked for payment in advance and have always been ok. It was a schoolboy error on my part not finding out the criteria before I did the job. I did it cheaper as if I got it regular it would be a handy 35 quid every week. I'll see if he comes around with the bad weather coming in now. I did him a big favour and I will let him know that when I hear from him again.

Edited by Daniel Perkins

Sorry should clarify. Payment in advance if house is for sale, or tennent moving out. Once bitten. 

Visit every property to quote, bit of chat as you walk around gives a feel for the customer. Normally just full name addresses and contact number is sufficient. Occasionally payment in advance please. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

😮😮😮😮

A few weeks? 

£30 of diesel is 2 days if I'm lucky. 

I do quite a lot of mileage, for a window cleaner, and don't do £30 a week. Are you using a Sherman Tank :1f632: