Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Caravan clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

philb

Been asked to quote for cleaning A caravan externally as a one off. So how much would you charge & how would you do it?

thanks

D8DFBAAA-24AD-4091-AEAA-2356CEDA8BCC.jpeg

82546C50-5F60-427F-84CF-C432F65C6CE1.jpeg

D91D596F-9A80-475A-9AB2-070BAA349D40.jpeg

46E8C64A-E775-414B-8B8C-31784EDB793D.jpeg

Last edited:
Done one like this before for an old guy as a favour when I had a static and no TFR or anything else with me one w/e.

Hot water and Fairy Liquid and a good rinse off did it.

You could also offer to wax polish it afterwards or do it the above way first then a second wash with some of that liquid wax polish you wash cars in...would come up nice.

£100 2 steady hours I reckon.

Tfr/ubik etc with an old wfp brush

Looks like it would be quite enjoyable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Done loads of these last summer, a bit of degreaser and lots of scrubbing rinsing.

Watch out for the overlaps usualy 1 a third of the way down and another two thirds down. if you spray into these they leech algae out for ages.

Be careful around the vents and window seals as water ingress can cause mould issues etc.

Also watch how much chemical you use as the paint fades on these easily,tfr is a bit strong be careful if using it-I wouldn't!

Charge well as you may have a graft to do there, especially if you haven't done one before.

We had a contract with large local caravan site owner, we cleaned approx 500 every year, until we were unpriced and removed, since then they've came back asking us to step back in but once bitten twice shy. We would clean between 4/5 a day using a custom built 1000L water bowser, 2000psi pressure washer and TFR. Coupled with a cherry picker to tow the bowser we could do roofs, gutters, decking and the caravan. We charged £200 for a standard caravan outside then added any extra bits on.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Apparently caravans are not to be jet washed!

this is what I have heard, even the manufacturers wouldn't recommend it as the powerful jet wash will blow seals on windows and blow water into the crevices causing water ingress in places that cant be dried out and eventually turn into mould issues etc.

I heard complaint after complaint about the local jet washers and did some research which showed you shouldn't jet wash a caravan.

Bearing this in mind the wfp is the ideal solution to the problem, low pressure downward facing water flow. because if you think about it standing on the ground the only way to "jet" the top of the caravan is pointing the flow upwards with a jet wash. You can imagine how much water is entering the vents at this point, I cant see a away for any amount of experience with jet washing that you can avoid this.

But then I have never used a jet wash(muck spreader) for anything so I may well wrong! tis just my humble opinion.

Apparently caravans are not to be jet washed!

this is what I have heard, even the manufacturers wouldn't recommend it as the powerful jet wash will blow seals on windows and blow water into the crevices causing water ingress in places that cant be dried out and eventually turn into mould issues etc.

I heard complaint after complaint about the local jet washers and did some research which showed you shouldn't jet wash a caravan.

Bearing this in mind the wfp is the ideal solution to the problem, low pressure downward facing water flow. because if you think about it standing on the ground the only way to "jet" the top of the caravan is pointing the flow upwards with a jet wash. You can imagine how much water is entering the vents at this point, I cant see a away for any amount of experience with jet washing that you can avoid this.

But then I have never used a jet wash(muck spreader) for anything so I may well wrong! tis just my humble opinion.

In all my time, and the 14 years of the company running we've never had any issues, we could well be lucky who knows? We apply TFR through a foamer bottle, brush then rinse off. The only high pressure work is for stubborn stains or getting the green out of little corners etc, but as always each to their own :)

In all my time, and the 14 years of the company running we've never had any issues, we could well be lucky who knows? We apply TFR through a foamer bottle, brush then rinse off. The only high pressure work is for stubborn stains or getting the green out of little corners etc, but as always each to their own :)

I've heard bad things about tfr on caravans as well.

But I reckon after 14 years you just must know what your doing mate.

I've heard bad things about tfr on caravans as well.

But I reckon after 14 years you just must know what your doing mate.

Oh lord haha We use the auto glym TFR, I'm sure there is better out there but it's the if it ain't broke don't fix it thing. We know exactly what we're capable of with the products we have. We do carpet cleaning, oven cleaning, windows etc etc, and again with our carpet cleaning we use 3 products, I'm sure there's better out there, but we know when we walk into a domestic house or nightclub we can get results like these....
b0cfc6b79467326fbcefde9b514e7a49.jpg

you need good money for this if your poling it as its a messy wet job ! lad round here charge 30 pounds yes i did say 30 pounds ! they can have them all at that kind of money 

25 minutes to clean it and then another 5 for redoing the windows with pure

Would be done using benz blackwash applied with wfp and fan jets as not as messy as spraying on like the americans do

30 minutes to clean that, you must be a wealthy man!

how long you been at this game?
Since 1991 lol

The difference is i would softwash it with hypo rather than scrub with wfp and ubik etc

Wfp brush with fan jets to spray it then rinse with big hose

Similar to this but using wfp to apply as this way the americans do it is real messy

Back