Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A Pane In The Glass

so I havnt posted for a while but I've just gone thru my first year in business as a tradder. pushed over 350 solid customers now sheding many on the way as I want A solid round. gone from 4 week cleans to 5 week cleans only and don't even entertain longer cycles. i have a council contract some commercial on top of normal householders.. I've done so well since starting last August. I started using my m4 golf and now have a van

best thing I ever did was start cleaning windows. I have a really good reputation and hardly advertise as my work comes from referrals I even have pole fed guys saying if u want traditional A Pane In The Glass is your man.

I have recently even took on a trainee

I just wanted to share this with you especially for those starting out and hopefully use as inspiration

my next goal is more customers and another employee so I can focus on pushing my business further and taking a step back from window cleaning. ok I might clean a few windows to satisfy my craving
ff6144b946d3f5a1a746639fcb2a1d9f.jpg

focus on getting ur self thru ur first winter.. u shouldn't get to many drop outs... educate them that there windows need looking after in the winter more so than summer.. thanks for the kind comment and if u want any advice on how to grow quickly n shape a good round I'm more than happy to help...

Good progression there mate. I'm not long into the business myself. It's good to see people get past there first year. Many unfortunately drop off by that time. 

Well done @A Pane In The Glass , just shows what is achievable with hard work and lots of effort! I am putting everything together for going self employed in January and stories like this really give me a boost! Did you first do a leaflet campaign or canvassing when you first started and I see you don't have a website. Are you only using a Facebook page? There can only be great things ahead for ye!  :1f44d:

Great to hear @A Pane In The Glass glad it's going well mate. I will have been going 2 years in April and like you got to the point now where I'm starting to feel the benefits. I love this job and the life I'm more relaxed than I've ever been about a job but earning more. Guys don't stop canvassing or leafleting etc through the winter you can pick up loads during winter. And use any rain days to get out knocking doors!! Nobody got rich sitting waiting 

Nothing wrong with easing off for winter if you are happy with where you are.

I'm easing off the marketing until the new year as want to save up some reddies for a big push in the new year.

No point me making that push now as there's things I need to put in place not to mention Christmas with 5 kids to pay for and a tax bill due in Jan.

Do what you want to with regards plans, just have a plan that's the key. 

But yes if you need the work there's absolutely no reason to back off. Can't recall a customer cancelling because it's winter and you can pick up just as much work.

I've always found the weather to better than summer for working as well, it's been years since we've had a bad winter

I've learnt loads over the last year I could help u loads

This is great to read, and congratulations getting where you are! I'm just looking to start up myself (part time for now so I can use my salaried job to help fund it and pay bills in the mean time)
Got most of the equipment I need for trading. Just need ladders and a car (got company van from work at the minute)
Any advice you could give a new starter would be greatly appreciated!
I was planning on starting canvassing once I'd got myself ready to go, but now I'm thinking it may be worth starting Cassington for work now, so I've got something to do once I've got all my kit together?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back