Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is deemed acceptable

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gazz

Monday to Friday. 

You turn up at your first residential Job. Bashing your wfp off the window or clunking your ladders of their wall.

Saturday-Sunday?

Late start perhaps 

What times would you say are normal to start at a residential home? Without pushing it. 

Have there been times where people have complained about when you started cleaning?

I start at 9 weekdays, although prefer to leave it until 9.30 if I can. Gives everybody a chance to go out and get out of my way.... I don’t do residential stuff at the weekends, but I’d leave it until 10 if I did...

Firstly, all my customers know I'm coming, and get a rough time within the hour. 

On the rare occasion I get a load where they know I'm coming, but I'm free to choose who I do first,, and depending how busy I am I'd usually start that first job at 9am. However, if like this morning I needed to get there earlier to get it all done, I'll message the customer 'is it okay if I start at 8am on the fronts without knocking' etc. 

Ive started at 7 before, but that was on a detached property where I'd arranged to clean them whilst they were on holiday. 

I try to start around 10am but feel I should be going out earlier. Some good points you've all made. No harm in testing 9am and seeing how it goes.

8-5 Monday - Friday , weekends no no I wouldn’t like been woke up on my 2 days off that’s how I look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

0830-0900 Monday to Friday. Sat 0730 (been like this since before I took it over) but dont collect until after 9, collect first ones on way home. Sunday off.

Last edited by a moderator:
8am and earlier if I can get away with it. I know who’s got kids and who leaves for work early etc. I’ve done end of tenancy cleans/one-off cleans at 6am during the summer months if I know the house is empty. 

Back