Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glass Sealants Anti Water/Anti Fingerprints

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As i'm commercial finger prints is the main thing that I come across indoors on shopping malls. I'm always on the look out for new products to make my job easier, I will give anything a bash. I know that you can get anti-fingerprint oleophobic coating for mobile phones which are obvious on a much smaller scale but some day they are going to develop something that is going to make my life a hell of alot easier on the glass.

I have never tried any of the sealant products, I think the Nano Ultra range came out awhile ago which are supposed to act as a seal on the glass and repel water but don't think they caught on as far as I am aware as guys said that it categorically did not keep the glass clean for a longer period of time. I know the point of window cleaning is having customer that needs you to clean dirty glass, no dirty glass, no need for us lads but for me that cleans some stores 3 or 4 times per week .... a working product like that would be heaven for me if it lessened the dirt in between cleans!

Bit of a random topic but I thought I would put it out there.

Lol they are indeed but for insides it would be ideal for me. Certain shops have the same target areas for finger prints, I will walk in a centre and I know which insides will be dirty (obviously varies to a degree). Having a sealant for those trouble spots would be real nice. Save me hours each week hanging around for a shop to open.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

retail is all finger prints  alltho i like the ider of anty finger print sprays ect but ide be more looking at a good soap combo to get them off with ease , can i ask what soap you use  @Daniel Perkins 

have you tryed ettore squeegee off or HG both very similer , i put a bit of ubik2000 in to works a treat on finger prints i clean lots of cafes and restrants coverd in grease ect some realy bad one of the worst is a butchers , but this combo works for me , ive never tryed rince aid so cant compair but ive used fairy and i find it leves the glass sticky and can be very gluepy were HG or squeegee off is much more easer to work with IMO 

Back