Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP van gear arrived!

go to a meacanic if u dont know what ur doing      it should only be around 6 -8 bolts and    its were thery go  ... u cud drill straigh thru a line or anything if u aretnt carfeful

Hi I recently fitted a 250 ltr tank to my citroen berlingo.I used to be a mechanic.I got a piece of 2x2 box section and put it across back of van behind seats and welded flat plates on on each end and drilled through the side panels to provide a strong support between cab and tank.Measure up height of tank and weld arms to box section to provide additional support for tank.I then put a 20 ton ratchet strap round front of tank and mount the ends to hooks on floor of van.If you go for mounting to floor of van you must use adequate plates to underneath of floor as floor plan is quite light in strength.Use plastic balls from asda stick soldering iron through them criss cross to stop your water sloshing around.

Hence my option is to go to a professional and they can also tell you if your chosen tank can be fitted to your van of choice.

I have got mates and know people who know people but IMHO better to go with people who fit them on a daily basis.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers guys. I posted this up before going to pick up the bolts and paint. Stripped out the van and racking now and given the ply lining a lick of paint, looks great already. I think you guys are right about having a mechanic do it. I gave my bro in law a call who's a hgv mechanic, he's confident we can do it, so we'll be going for it tomorrow. It's been a bit of a rush job, but hopefully the bulk of the setup will be sorted by this weekend. Taking advantage of the warmish weather to dry out the van before the flooring and tank goes down tomorrow.

It's simple measure the floor pan from the inside then from underside 

don't drill chassis use spreader plates 

use high tensile Bolts 

It's simple measure the floor pan from the inside then from underside 
don't drill chassis use spreader plates 
use high tensile Bolts 
Cheers Evie, I'm sure once we get on it we'll be OK, just a bit daunting at first. I don't thing the bolts I got were high tensile, but they're m10 so should hopefully do the business. Can always add more if needed. Good to see you still here big man.

Hi I recently fitted a 250 ltr tank to my citroen berlingo.I used to be a mechanic.I got a piece of 2x2 box section and put it across back of van behind seats and welded flat plates on on each end and drilled through the side panels to provide a strong support between cab and tank.Measure up height of tank and weld arms to box section to provide additional support for tank.I then put a 20 ton ratchet strap round front of tank and mount the ends to hooks on floor of van.If you go for mounting to floor of van you must use adequate plates to underneath of floor as floor plan is quite light in strength.Use plastic balls from asda stick soldering iron through them criss cross to stop your water sloshing around.

Have you a photo of these plastic balls? I'm a tad confused [emoji53]

Cheers Evie, I'm sure once we get on it we'll be OK, just a bit daunting at first. I don't thing the bolts I got were high tensile, but they're m10 so should hopefully do the business. Can always add more if needed. Good to see you still here big man.

Cheers mate not been on for a while but missed it

Any advice pm me mate

Cheers mate, you'll regret that though, I've been firing questions to daveyboy all week.
emoji16.png

That's ok mate.. stick the cheque in the post ?

I feel like this has consumed my life for the past few days. Just finished building the hose reel and I don't think I have the right fitting on it to connect to the hose, so I'm going to have to get on the phone to the cleaning warehouse.

Pretty simple to fit in the caddy, you’ll get the front ones from behind the seats, and the rear you’ll have to lower the fuel tank, but straight forward...

You're STILL not WFP? My lord lol [emoji14]
LMAO, how you doing damo? I've been using the backpack trolley all this time, just could never find the right time for the upheaval and expense. It's nearly 8 o clock and I've only just finished working on the van. Tank bolted in, what a chore but glad I had some qualified help. Flooring down, and racking painted ready to go back in on Tuesday along with the plumbing and wiring up. Can't wait to get this up and running now.

LMAO, how you doing damo? I've been using the backpack trolley all this time, just could never find the right time for the upheaval and expense. It's nearly 8 o clock and I've only just finished working on the van. Tank bolted in, what a chore but glad I had some qualified help. Flooring down, and racking painted ready to go back in on Tuesday along with the plumbing and wiring up. Can't wait to get this up and running now.

Nothing wrong with using backpack trolley mate

Anything that squirts water on glass is good

You'll have to send me a pic when it's done mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with using backpack trolley mate
Anything that squirts water on glass is good
You'll have to send me a pic when it's done mate
Yep, it was a means to an end mate. Was only want to be a stop gap measure but did it so long with the same beat up trolley that I started to hate it haha. Once I get this new trolley up and running, along with the van mount things are going to get good.

All my customers now are happy with the wfp now. It seems that the pole got rid of all the folk I had on my round that were a bit iffy. It's a good arsehole filter.

I never lost 1 when i swapped mate

Just did it without saying anything and then mentioned it when talking to the customer afterwards if they were in

Using my trolley for everything now and love it

Back