Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

windy day today

Clisty1989

just checked weather for today, dry but winds of 30mph & gusts of 40. Now todays supposed to be 100% trad, but something tells me that it may be a little bit too breezy. I've done ladder work with someone footing it in stronger winds, but do you think its too windy running solo? Could trad pole a lot of it, just a fair few flat roofs to go on, and a few lead windows too today, its leftovers from Thursday and Friday so need to do them today. Not my work, looking after it for someone whilst they away for a month, so need to try avoid wfp on it, but if needs must...

You can only do what you feel is safe, I have tradded in high winds years ago without issue as it can be localised and some areas are more sheltered than others, Decent day in county durham until this afternoon but truck is in for a full service this morning. 

just checked weather for today, dry but winds of 30mph & gusts of 40. Now todays supposed to be 100% trad, but something tells me that it may be a little bit too breezy. I've done ladder work with someone footing it in stronger winds, but do you think its too windy running solo? Could trad pole a lot of it, just a fair few flat roofs to go on, and a few lead windows too today, its leftovers from Thursday and Friday so need to do them today. Not my work, looking after it for someone whilst they away for a month, so need to try avoid wfp on it, but if needs must...
One thing I do with flat roofs, if in reach of a single ladder section that is, then I'll take the ladder up with me (always check for power lines when lifting it up!).  I've had one blow over before now.... thankfully my mate was there to pick it up and no cars got damaged!  Definitely a day for a trad pole though....

Last edited by a moderator:
we had strong gusts today in devon coast 60 mph ish i had to trad some bottoms as the dust was blown on the wet glass and some looked  :1f4a9:  ive ladderd in 70mph before solo but that was years ago im now allmost wfp every thing so laddrs stay on van most of the time this is were @Trad-Man probly excells on days like these  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

lol ;)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back