Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Toolbelts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just wondering what you guys think of tool belts for work? I have an Unger Ergotech & a Sorbo but I rarely use them because I bend up and down so much over the day I find them very uncomfortable on the stomach. The Sorbo material is too rigid & the Unger buckle too big and strap too thick. If I lossen the belt and have them further down, then they just end up too low and pulling trousers down. 

Just wondering what you guys think of tool belts for work? I have an Unger Ergotech & a Sorbo but I rarely use them because I bend up and down so much over the day I find them very uncomfortable on the stomach. The Sorbo material is too rigid & the Unger buckle too big and strap too thick. If I lossen the belt and have them further down, then they just end up too low and pulling trousers down. 
I agree with you on the buckle with the unger ergotech.  Have used mine for 5 years and it's still going so durability is good.  I don't find it that bad but if you have too much weight it can drag which is annoying. My mate doesn't like it though, ssys it's uncomfortable.  I guess it just depends.  Has anyone ever complimented it with a tool vest?  There's some pouches on them that could hold a a few bottles of soap, pens & cards and keep the belt for the lighter stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very well made but I'm cleaning few hundreds panes of glass a day right down to lower ground level and it's so uncomfortable pressing into lower stomach. A thinner band would help imo and obviously a much smaller buckle. I'm just looking to clip on blade and holder and small squeegee.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I always use a sturdy leather belt (about 30-40mm), they are strong and soft and only cost about a fiver, and I have two Unger pouches and my BOAB.

I purchased one of these tool belts yesterday from eBay for just £5.39 delivered. Looks good quality and not too bulky.

image.png

Here is some more info on it, dont know the size of the Unger belt to compare? 

image.png

image.png

I have the same problem with the unger ergo belt. Mines bends and folds all over the place. 

Think I might look into a proper leather tool belt. It'll be more expensive but hoping it holds well.

Here is some more info on it, dont know the size of the Unger belt to compare? 

View attachment 11641

View attachment 11642
Seems bit smaller than the Unger alright mate but I will be trialling a leather belt that's not even an inch wide and I can't feel it when I bend over, really hoping it works & i have added some of the Unger belt to it around the back area. Maybe it's just me and I am stooping more than most but the thicker band I just find it really uncomfortable on the stomach. I don't know why some of these guys have not developed a belt that is thin around the stomach/gut area and then gets thicker as it goes around hips and back. So it's still comfortable to bend on the stomach but thick around sides and back to give you support and to store tools.

I did a bit of a rig up job with this belt so I will see how it goes today and let you guys know.

go into an army surplus store and grab an old webbing belt. Works a treat, even better if its an old roll pin belt, but harder to find. I use one and works fantastically.

Quick rig up today for work and infinitely more comfortable with a thin leather belt than what you get from the bought product. Bending over wasn't an issue like the others on the market. Simple fix just to replace thick rigid belt with soft thin leather. I have a few more alterations to make but much better from a comfortable point of few and doesn't slip down the body either.

28d5d195a4fa9d3a425e9077be6e3475.jpg

ee0ed956994b34a0dd80360b6ae79e84.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a luggage strap with my pouch attached. In the pouch, i have a small scraper, my workbook, and a cill cloth.

Works for me... :1f44d:

Back