Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

green pro clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul alan

Hi I found a video on here you did about not having to rinse on maintenance cleans.

I'm always looking of ways to better my technique and have found this really helpful, the last few days at work have been quicker,less water,less fatigue .

I'm not confident using this technique on phobic glass yet as ill have to do more checks on glass cleaned when dried.

I work with my wife and I'm trying to convince her to work more like this but she thinks its me trying to cut corners.

Can you post the link to the video here for me? I have searched YouTube but cant seem to find it.

Many thanks

Iv also been trying this since I seen his video , saving loads of time and water and windows drying up fine

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I also noticed this video, what brush are you using? I use ultimate 35cm with 4 of the small jets (same flow as 2 normals). Not sure if I'm getting enough water on the glass for this but I really want to get into rinsing on the glass. Do you think it would be okay? Or use 4 2mm jets? Or 4 100 degree fan jets? Or a different brush

Cheers for that green pro got a brand new gardener sill brush that’s hardly been used , have been using a Tucker brush with 4 jets since seeing ur vid , will give the sill brush a go tomoz

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Can this be done with no spotting on an 8 weekly clean? I too have been using this on 4 weekly customers after testing it out on my parents house with no spotting (they have phobic glass)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Too many variables to comment.  

1: What are the environmentals?  Are they on a busy road getting covered in shite daily or set off in a chocolate box village with no pollutants? 

2: Is your water perfect every time? 

Only way to know is to try. 

I use an Xtreme brush with 100 degree fans on full flow in pretty much the same way most of the time. 8 weekly jobs are almost as straight forward. I just take a fraction longer is all. 

Only problem I’ve come across is that customers don’t always get it. I lost one last week for this very reason. They just think you’re way too quick and assume the windows can’t possibly be clean, and once they’ve made their mind up that’s it, there’s no convincing them.

On the other end of the scale though, I watched a couple of chaps working near me the other day and boy were they wasting water. Absolutely drowning everything. But then, there are customers who don’t like that either which I have also experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Marko. i run on 80 flow on digital controller. Will i need to turn it up to 100 on the controller do you think? I know what you mean about custys thinking too quick. I dont mind losing a few who may think this as I will be much faster and will replace them with custys that are happy regardless of time aslong as they see their windows are properly clean. I use pencils, dont know if this will make lots of difference but on 4 weekly cleans has been fine so far

Can this be done with no spotting on an 8 weekly clean? I too have been using this on 4 weekly customers after testing it out on my parents house with no spotting (they have phobic glass)

Can be done on any frequency as long as it is scrubbed enough to remove the dirt

I don't rinse anything unless it is real dirty then it's just a quick side to side down the glass without taking the brush off the glass

I was using the 100° gardiner fans on an ultimate 35cm brush today to try the fans out and was even quicker as the way they spray on 60 i had a 35cm curtain of water down the glass

I use either those fans or 4 pencils on an extreme usually and the flow is usually 50-60

Like @Marko067 i use a swivel also which makes a huge difference 

I'll film myself tomorrow 

Have a look at the vid 

Green is using a water genie with a gardiner sill brush so they do fit

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate still uses this technique has been doing it for the last10 years now. How he still gets away with it amazes me. We parted company about 6 years ago. I used to have to do the insides of commercials / residential houses and saw close up what no rinsing did. On hot days you could see brush swirls and even the pattern he was using when poling,  when the sun dried them out quickly. Light debris still stuck on the  glass along with heavy spotting.  Not for me thanks, that's why we parted company the round wasn't going forward infact lots of cancellations, fast forward 6 years hes still trading but with the same customers that have stuck by him. I am lucky enough to have tripled my round and the phone never stops ringing. If you have priced the job up properly why not do a good job. 

Back