Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Awkward windows

El Sombrero

I'm talking about the type of windows you find over a conservatory or rear extension etc, how do you guys best tackle them? I've got a couple of tricky ones on the books already that I just about manage with at full stretch, but I've been asked to quote a home tomorrow with a large conservatory at the back and the windows above look like a right pain in the **** to get at. The only conceivable way I can see is getting up a pair of step ladders to give me a bit of height so I can get the angle.

If you see a windiw you think is going to be tricky grab your pole whilst you are still there to quote it and see if you can reach.  

If you cant and start needing step ladders etc then you can price acordingly for extra time required. 

I'm talking about the type of windows you find over a conservatory or rear extension etc, how do you guys best tackle them? I've got a couple of tricky ones on the books already that I just about manage with at full stretch, but I've been asked to quote a home tomorrow with a large conservatory at the back and the windows above look like a right pain in the **** to get at. The only conceivable way I can see is getting up a pair of step ladders to give me a bit of height so I can get the angle.

We do that on a couple of cleans.

We have an A frame step ladder and I straddle the top so a foot is either side. The step ladder has a wide base and I find it quite safe to work that way. H&S probably wouldn't agree though so I'm not recommending you do this.

We do that on a couple of cleans.

We have an A frame step ladder and I straddle the top so a foot is either side. The step ladder has a wide base and I find it quite safe to work that way. H&S probably wouldn't agree though so I'm not recommending you do this.
as above we have some that i am stood at the top of of the ladder (9ft) if you going to need to buy a set of steps then a 5 run little gaints is where you need to be looking

they lock at the top so lifting them over locked gates is easy ,  they wig wam over the gate so you then can claim up one side and down the other which touching the gate

also change the angle of you brush so you can clean straight this will help too but if you running gooses necks you cant do this 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's probably it Noddy

My mate just got a competitors customer earlier

Never turns up and does a poop job

He quoted £16 and the guy who lost it was charging 8 for a glass clean only and missing the frames

This is one of the local guys moaning that i am taking his work lol

Maybe he should do a proper job instead of doing it halfarsed and losing work 

Was going to ask similar as the original poster. Doing neighbour's house that has a long extension at back and can't get the leverage with pole. Have a ladder but still too awkward. Just wondering how you guys would tackle this. The second pic shows how deep the extension is. I could easily climb on wall and get up on extension and do it trad but just thought I would ask what the seasoned wfp guys would do? Cheers.

ce6cd0fc2fb714e3969e377e839093dc.jpg

f9114a1b3e88a46a7fc16d29697eb662.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Was going to ask similar as the original poster. Doing my house that has a long extension at back and can't get the leverage with pole. Have a ladder but still too awkward. Just wondering how you guys would tackle this. The second pic shows how deep the extension is. I could easily climb on wall and get up on extension and do it trad but just thought I would ask what the seasoned wfp guys would do? Cheers.

Was going to ask similar as the original poster. Doing neighbour's house that has a long extension at back and can't get the leverage with pole. Have a ladder but still too awkward. Just wondering how you guys would tackle this. The second pic shows how deep the extension is. I could easily climb on wall and get up on extension and do it trad but just thought I would ask what the seasoned wfp guys would do? Cheers.

I've just had an existing customer build an extention similar to that. Fortunately, he asked me if I'd be able to reach it once it was finished.  I took one look at it, thought of my shoulders, and pulled a face.  "No problem mate" he said, "I'll do that one myself from inside,"  and I thought "result."  It was going to be a real awkward one, probably impossible from the ground, even with my 25

got one like that i tackle it from next door (also a custy)

Looks like you will have to do it from the right hand side, roof peak looks like it's in the way from the left. Can you prop a ladder against fence, walk up backwards a few steps and do it from there.

going into the house to trad or getting on the roof is not for us , wip out the steps , angle brush just off straight and away you go done in seconds never missed i window like this yet ever 

Place a ladder against front of extension and wfp off the ladder as it's your own house it's up to you, I have one similar with a velux to clean on the extension as well but access to the house's is through the back gate from a courtyard so I spoke to neighbour who is happy for me to clean them from his garden. 

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock