Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gas night heater

Johnwindow1987

Hi dose anyone have a gas night heater fitted in there van for winter [emoji32]. I have been given one out of a motor home and it has everything needed to fit. What are they like . I live to far from my van to run electric for a oil filed radiator wish I could but not possible. Was thinking of using the small gas bottles and keep under passenger seat [emoji35] and thermostat in back with heater any advise cheers John

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a electric fan heater I plug in of a night set it at min rear of van is lovely and warm in morning only put it on when weather goes below 0

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

With gas heater could Produce Carbon monoxide and you might get in the van in the morning and fall straight back to sleep [emoji33][emoji33]

Yes I transfer from house to van. If the gas heater has a exhaust fitted out the van will this create carbon monoxide ? Cheers all I just need to sort this before the weather gets -0

U can get a flueless heater but got to be in a good size room when it burns uses up oxygen in room (van) starts producing co

Not entirely sure what kind of heater you mean. I guess like a hot air blower heater? Like the eberschaper diesel cab heaters? They can be mounted externally underneath the van, and just the warm air duct blows inside. They are pretty effective and I’d guess they’d keep the chill off the van but probably want to get some insulation in there too to help it out.

I have a HS2000 gas heater. A 13kg gas bottle in the van. Has very little drew on the battery gas lasts roughly 3 weeks when it's been used every night. Only slight problem I have is condensation. 

Do u have a stat fitted and what ventilation do u need.? Do u find it good for winter ? Cheers monkeyman

Yes I have a stat it comes on at +5. The heater has an air intake and exhaust. 

I really need to fit a spinning roof vent to stop the condensation. 

Yes it's very good nothing has ever frozen. 

3cc33a45396e920c9b032a31c74df66b.png

This is the one I have any reviews

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If the heater is out of a motor home or caravan it should hAve a chimney like my caravan basically a heavy duty pipe you would have to vent through a hole in van
If I remember I'll post a pic as I'm bringing caravan home next week [emoji1305][emoji4]

Back