Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack diy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Or take the yellow bottom off the backpack (1 plastic nut inside holding the hose in the blue bit and a couple of screws in the side of the yellow bit.. use a flat screwdriver and lever the sides of the yellow bit off the blue bit where the indents hold them together)

Connect a bigger bit of hose to the inlet to go in barrels and you have a ready made pump box

I did that at one point with a reel and 8 barrels in the astra boot

Last edited by a moderator:
Did that work well wanted to try and make something so back pack still usable as backpack if needed may be impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Did that work well wanted to try and make something so back pack still usable as backpack if needed may be impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If I understand you correctly, I don’t think what you’re suggesting can be done. What you need is a pump box with an intake hose permanently connected to the pump and that can then be dropped into each barrel as needed.

One can be made out of a backpack base as Dave B suggested or you could build one yourself. 

I have a simple pump box inside a 4l soap container. It'll probably cost you £20-50 depending on how much stuff you have lying around already.

IMG_1878506157.jpg

20170102_172007.jpg

I Really respect you guys making your own backpacks , something. About DIY  :1f44d: :1f609:  but Really i wouldnt bother , as for me i can buy a gardiner 22 l for about 160 Pounds in my area . All my vanmount though is DIY ,and theres really some savings there i guess . Been looking to buy a backpack for these odd access jobs we all Got a few of , where trailing hoses is more time consuming than cleaning the windows. 

Back