Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van setup complete (pics)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

It's been a week in the making, but I'm chuffed to bits with the one results. 500l tank framed, and lots of clever storage ideas if I do say so myself. My aim was to get everything I could off the floor, and I still have a few more bits to do to really try and clear the decks. Still some space for the trolley (when I build it), and a barrel or two.

IMAG1285.jpgIMAG1286.jpgIMAG1287.jpgIMAG1288.jpgIMAG1289.jpgIMAG1290.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Looking great mate

A lot better than my kangoo.. just poles hanging from wooden frame on the roof, a good few 25l drums and a diy trolley in mine

Didn't see the need to be fancy with a trolley system but if i still had a van mount i would have to smarten it up

Building a wooden half bulkhead tomorrow though

Great stuff buddy well worth the time and effort put in to it

Looks really smart you can tell you have put a lot of thought and graft into it, Had to use laptop to fully appreciate the pics and well worth it !!

Looking great mate
A lot better than my kangoo.. just poles hanging from wooden frame on the roof, a good few 25l drums and a diy trolley in mine
Didn't see the need to be fancy with a trolley system but if i still had a van mount i would have to smarten it up
Building a wooden half bulkhead tomorrow though
Great stuff buddy well worth the time and effort put in to it
Thanks Dave. The racking on the top worked out very well, and it wasn't that expensive either, just a bit time consuming getting it right. I've tried to make everything as efficient as possible, as in everything in easy reach, and having it's own space, without being annoying and complicated to stow.

Looks really smart you can tell you have put a lot of thought and graft into it, Had to use laptop to fully appreciate the pics and well worth it !!
Thanks iron. It's taken me a long time to get round to it as I've been working with a backpack for the past year. But the one good thing about this is that it has given me a good insight into how I work and what needs to go where.

1. When/if you brake hard or turn sharp the viro-sol will fall over.

2. The bungee strap used on the hose reel will make it hard to use.

Maybe i was just winding you up haha, in all seriousness it looks good but the only issues i can see is the pump is a little too high up and I think it will create a few airlocks and the outlet on the tank will more than likely drip a fair amount as its a hoselock. 

looks smart, pumps gonna be a ****** for air locks. and get your hose reel fixed in place its so much easier, i wasn't sure about doing it, but wouldn't go back now.

1. When/if you brake hard or turn sharp the viro-sol will fall over.

2. The bungee strap used on the hose reel will make it hard to use.

Maybe i was just winding you up haha, in all seriousness it looks good but the only issues i can see is the pump is a little too high up and I think it will create a few airlocks and the outlet on the tank will more than likely drip a fair amount as its a hoselock. 
Lol, the Virosol is one of the storage solutions I have yet to sort. That's where it is going, but I need to get a piece of bent perspex/Ali to make a holder for it. It's currently sitting on the floor jammed in between the cones and the reel.

I should have thought a bit better about the pump height, I never thought it would be much of an issue. I just did my whole house with no issues but I'll keep an eye on it. I'll swap out the hoselocks when I get a chance. For now I went doe ease of fitting. I've got a stash of o rings ready as I know they can be an issue.

looks smart, pumps gonna be a ****** for air locks. and get your hose reel fixed in place its so much easier, i wasn't sure about doing it, but wouldn't go back now.
Cheers. Yep, I'll look into the fitting of the reel, once I know this setup works OK, and that I'm happy with where the reel is I'll sort it. I can see how it would make a big difference.

I'll keep an eye out for air locks, if it becomes an issue I'll move it.

Nice set up . Really like your van aswell .   Bet you ve saved a fortune doing everything your self. 

Got a catalogue through the post with van set ups in it .    ££££££££££££   

Cheers natty. No doubt I have saved some money but all the little touches like the racking have taken time, which could have been spent working. If you excuse to go the home build route then make sure you factor that in. Also, it may be worthwhile waiting until summer, as I wanted to crack on but the light was gone.

Back