Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting a new round advice

B

Barney Wood

Hi all,

I really want to start my own residential window cleaning round and would appreciate some advice. I've been doing a bit of research into the other cleaners in my area an there seem to be 4 or 5 that I know of. Is it worth doing a bit of canvassing just before I'm properly set up just to see if the areas I want to serve aren't already all sewn up, or do you find that with enough knocking and advertising that there are always new customers? 

Cheers

Barney

Definitely. Just get out there & start canvassing.

Although the first step is the most difficult once you get going you'll find everything will start fitting into place.

Just crack on if your in a big enough town or willing to travel a bit as worst case scenario. You may find lots have Window cleaners & prob won’t pick up whole areas but there will probably be enough houses dotted about who don’t have someone to build up your round. There are only so many customers a person will have so whilst they might do most on a street for the last 10 years they haven’t bothered canvassing on people who have moved in during that time etc. 

or if your fortunate their wc might have retired without passing on his round or been abducted by aliens - I have had that a few times whilst I have been building up my round

Back