Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook reviews, more hassle than they are worth?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

Trad-Man

Had a few reviews on our facebook that were not customers and left low score reviews. We have now removed the reviews section.

What's your thoughts as Facebook doesn't allow you to remove bad reviews that are not even or have ever been customers.

Thanks lads

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Had a few reviews on our facebook that were not customers and left low score reviews. We have now removed the reviews section.

What's your thoughts as Facebook doesn't allow you to remove bad reviews that are not even or have ever been customers.

Thanks lads

Thats a problem with facebook. i thought about using it for business but I hated it when i was on it back when, as you'd always get some ****head or other try and cause grief or something. I remember when mobiles first came out, trouble galore. Ive had cars and van keyed down the side too so never really safe from enemies/****s.

It is a pain

I changed my page category to one that doesn't allow reviews just in case although i have no bad reviews

I see it as looking more like a proper company with no reviews and just a business page to advertise your company

I had this issue with an idiot that I had banned on here when I was a mod, @Dave B may recall this one.   

He looked up my page and left a comment claiming I had tried to charge his granny £120 for a monthly clean on her bungalow.  

I tracked his FB page, proved the links to his window clean page and complained to FB.  

Initially they said they could do nothing but somehow within a week the remarks and rating had been removed.  

To be fair if you want a heart surgeon you want 5 star reviews and lots of love......  if you want a window cleaner you're probably just happy if they turn up.    Will be turning off my reviews as well I reckon. 

That's bad .. I didn't know this. I use face book alot or rather the misses does. A lot of my work comes out of our good reviews. Need to check with her about this. I heard of this facerape stuff thats why I dont go on it. But Tina on it all the time. Saying that though im on this site all the time lol.!!! Hmmm cheers for the heads up.tradman

Always had fairly positive experience with fb , Had one ex client which i stopped cleaning due to access issues 5 years later she hijacks a post complaining that i stopped turning i was very diplomatic in my answers.

If you want to continue to use fb then you need to either challenge fb or reply to the review in the best way possible so as to clearly state to that person and anyone reading the review that the person has never been a client of yours. I know a carpet cleaner who has over 260 5 star reviews on his fb page and it keeps him working 6 days a week 

Sorry to hear this Trad Man,, I'm thinking long and hard about Facebook, I have never had an account as im not really into social media. Business wise I can see the benefits but there is always a danger as Trad Man has encountered. If I was to have a business page I think I would turn off the reviews and comments and just run it purely like a website. Talking about websites, do you think it's possible just to have a Facebook business page and not a proper website? I'm just wondering how folk would find you locally on Facebook to see the services you offer? 

Back