Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Card Readers for taking out on the road.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

I can recommend another way to take payment using a mobile card reader. It makes you look more professional taking electronic payments rather than cash or cheques.

It's a good idea to let customers decide which payment method they prefer. 

I use the Sum Up card reader to take payments by card on the road.  Really low rates less than 1.7% with no fixed fee or monthly fee.  Much better and cheaper than paypal. You can also take payments over the phone too. 

The card reader for £29 using this link.  You can get a discount of £30 halving the price with this link ( also helps me with referral reward   )

http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3'>http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

You can swipe cards or use chip and pin option or contactless payments. It's fab. 

Once you take payment you then can put the customers email or phone number in the app and it will either text or email the receipt straight away for them. Works a treat. 

Just use your own card to test it out when you get it first to see how it works. Just take £1 on your own car

http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes. To be fair I tried paypal but they ramdomly to audit me putting a freeze on my account while others carried out. Somethi g they do which is all in their terms apparently.

They allowed people to carry on paying but prevented me from transferring funds to my account holding all my payments.

They wanted many forms of I'd from me including bank Stats, passport and stuff. In had no choice but to comply so I could get my money. They took six weeks to complete their audit and put my account back to normal.

I complained but they just said it was their policy to complete random additional checks. I therefore could not retrieve any of my money from the paypal account for almost 7 weeks.

Enough was enough and that's when i found Sum up. I've never looked back.

is it easy to connect up,    do you use your phones internet useage,   you will need to use your mb ,  i never use my phones direct internet usually,   i just use the wi fi when using internet.

Seems a handy toy to have, especially when out collecting.    Them having no cash on them,   see there shocked face when you pull this out,    That will put them in a state of shock,    ohh  i cant find my card.    You are dumped,  haha

Yes mate. Makes u look more pro when you offer it. Most will be impressed.

However you do need access to your mobile phone as it works with the app. The app allows you to enter in the amount and to send a receipt to customers phone by text or email.

It will require access to data to do this. Your phone also communicates with the reader via Bluetooth so only a little data is used.

I actually wish I went with paypal one, yes slightly higher costs but I wouldn't be using it for add ons. Pay cash on the day or bank when I am there.

It's more for brand awareness for me. Easier to build trust with a known brand is my thinkin but I guess a few will have had bad experiences with paypal too.

Overall it's a well known company though

I wouldn't worry about the brand mate. No one take any notice when it's used. If you pay by card in a shop you don't really look at brands. You never see retailers using PayPal as they do have a bad rep.

I have had loads of paypal use personally and without issue it's such a big brand now that it's inevitable there has been some mishaps.

I also have had some customers not sure of my machine and I honestly believe the paypal name/ familiarity would have helped In more instances than one.

Back