Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Varistream Low voltage

GSS Window Cleaning

My varistream has been playing up latleu flashing L which is low voltage found the problem which is the connections as they look like one had overheated as the electrical tape i used had melted at the joints. Just need the right way of connecting them as the ones that are supplied arnt up to scratch. Should I buy a soldering iron and solder them or is there a better way? 

My varistream has been playing up latleu flashing L which is low voltage found the problem which is the connections as they look like one had overheated as the electrical tape i used had melted at the joints. Just need the right way of connecting them as the ones that are supplied arnt up to scratch. Should I buy a soldering iron and solder them or is there a better way

That's what I would suggest. Also get some cable shrink sleeving to insulate your joins. Its better than insulation tape.

If you don't know how to solder a crimp plus heat sleeve is the better option to ensure a good reliable connection. It needs a decent crimping tool though, but it probably won't cost more than a soldering iron.

i used a ratchet crimper £20 from maplin, the spades crimps are ideal as i take the pump out when it freezes.

Back