Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank leak

You could seal it with silicone, then drill a small hole in the lid and push a piece of pole hose around 4-5 inch’s into the hole, seal it, and the water would struggle to leak out the top of that ?

The hose doesn't need to be high it needs to be a few inches into the tank

This stops the sloshing of the water coming out the hole

Is it a wyedale tank? My lid has a bit that sticks down inside it which has a hole almost all the way through

I drilled that which does the same thing 

How much of a breather dose the tank need to have air? I am thinking that I could block hose up that is on centre of lid and put a small hole with hose. I don't want my tank being sucked in with to smaller hole. My friend had same problem and blocked hole up totally and then went to work to find tank all sucked in and funny shape I don't want this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

How much of a breather dose the tank need to have air? I am thinking that I could block hose up that is on centre of lid and put a small hole with hose. I don't want my tank being sucked in with to smaller hole. My friend had same problem and blocked hole up totally and then went to work to find tank all sucked in and funny shape I don't want this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Then go for it 

c62d75a0992b7c30643a354a196e90c8.jpg

I used cloth tape over existing hole, drilled hole in centre but slightly smaller than hose so it's a nice tight fit

Back