Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seanieg

Just wondered if any of your are still canvassing at this time of year. If so how successful so you find it compared to the summertime. Cheers

Dont know but if you have the drive to go knocking in the dark/cold then you deserve all the success you get, id rather sit on my **** and watch corrie

I do more canvassing the later it gets in the year

When it's dark early why just throw in the towel and go home?

Might as well use the time wisely

I've been doing an hour leafletting/canvassing every day this week as soon as i finish my days work

I've never been one for canvassing, but in the days when I would drop leaflets I never used to like doing the cold dark nights as I always felt I got treated with suspicion. But like daveyboy says, it's better to use the time effectively rather than waste it in front of the TV.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Canvassing is good anytime of the year when you need to gain work, Get out before it gets dark before it gets dark at 3.30-4pm and Saturday mornings after 9.30am gives time people to get out of bed but early enough to catch them before they go out. 

It doesn't get dark whilst about 4pm even in the depths of winter and I'm usually home well before then so never notice winter affecting my work hours.

As for canvassing it will work anytime, although if someone knocked on my door in the dark at 8pm it would make me jump, me and r lass would look at each other an day who the f is that? Then I'd probably look out of the curtain. If they looked non threatening I'd answer, possibly with a knuckle duster ready, if they looked like a nutter we probably wouldn't .

What I'm saying is most people don't expect people knocking there door in the dark and would feel uneasy.

If you need the work go for it, personally I would be doing other forms of marketing rather than banging doors in the cold and leave the canvassing to when the sun is shining.

I've never been one for canvassing, but in the days when I would drop leaflets I never used to like doing the cold dark nights as I always felt I got treated with suspicion. But like daveyboy says, it's better to use the time effectively rather than waste it in front of the TV.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tv is the work of the devil lol

It stops you doing loads of things you would be motivated to do if you never had one

I do watch the odd series i like but can't stand sitting around just watching tv

Tv is the work of the devil lol

It stops you doing loads of things you would be motivated to do if you never had one

I do watch the odd series i like but can't stand sitting around just watching tv

i agree, tv is an addiction just like this forum and the internet.

problem is i love sitting on my bottom doing nowt, would like to break the cycle but its not easy

Back