Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello! Newbie needs your advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alakey Fray

Hello everyone, I have a question for you about (you will not believe!) сleaning the windows. After few days the glaziers will finish their work and my verandah with huge panoramic windows will look like this -

26ecda93d62d734fa652762945a12fd4063a2731.jpg

Outside, the surface of the windows is mirrored. I will definitely take a photo of the veranda as soon as the repair is over, as I temporarily had to move to my parents.
Tell me which detergent  is best to wash such a mirror surface that there would be no traces left. And of course - what devices to use? Windows are the whole wall, the usual small squeezer I think is indispensable. Thank you in advance

No idea I’m just blagging it at moment hopefully last a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It's a trick of the trade I wouldn't normally share but if you can manage you need to drink as much as you can then get up a ladder and pee all over the glass it will leave a great smear free finish. Let us know how you get on ?

What jokers are all, thank you, now I mostly want to NEVER hire SUCH glass washers. I was advised turning to this forum, as said here are experienced people. And I see only stupid ridicule. I do not have the opportunity to hire the washers not because  I'm a miser and I feel sorry for the money, but because they simply do not exist in this f*cking city and I'll have to figure out how to wash these windows myself.

What jokers are all, thank you, now I mostly want to NEVER hire SUCH glass washers. I was advised turning to this forum, as said here are experienced people. And I see only stupid ridicule. I do not have the opportunity to hire the washers not because  I'm a miser and I feel sorry for the money, but because they simply do not exist in this f*cking city and I'll have to figure out how to wash these windows myself.
Where do you live??? There are window cleaners everywhere, its hard enough finding a street let alone a city without a window cleaner!! Wherever you live, guaranteed if there genuinely isn't a window cleaner, id start up, you'd make a killing!!

Looks like the City I left in January. So there would not be individual window cleaners. The landlord would arrange for it whenever and if ever he felt like it. It would be a cradle job. I cannot see a balcony either so unless you force the maid out there it ain't going to get done.

The only way to fix that is to repatriate back to where there is civilisation, (and by the grace of God), window cleaners.

Friend asked me the same thing the other day told him.

Search on YouTube for trad man then look "under how to become a professional window cleaner"

You need to watch the first 2 vids then just practice.

Also which city are you in?

Also we are not a glass washer

We are window cleaners it's a profession and a dame good one and that you need to know alot more just washing glass.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dogs turd is really good to get your windows nice and clean [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Or you could try youtube for some advice on cleaning windows. Like anything, there is good advice and bad advice. Choose wisely ... or hire a window cleaner and save yourself the time, trouble and hassle of trying to use supermarket-bought stuff and risk scratching those nice, new windows. 

And if you ever want a DIY tattoo, there are plenty of tattooists' forums to ask for advice.

Back