Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

25l drums

Got drums from car wash if they wasn’t clean enough would ppm meter show it up or not ?

Had one customer complain she had a lot of water marks thinking it might be drum

Thanks for help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
test it with tds tester, gotta use it often.

The drums would certainly need thorough cleaning out. I havent used any from car wash as yet, getting couple from my mate who has tropical fish and they will need a good clean, not sure of the best method/solution.

Cheers for the barrels MrGreen.

918da1ab5e4ac324cebba3e6cf948870.gif

Tip my hat to you sir.

Hells teeth they are only about 6 quid new not worth the hassle of cleaning used ones out.
I have 10 in my van all old hypo drums and some from car wash

Takes 2 minutes to clean one out..fill halfway with water then shake with lid on..empty and fill with water..empty then fill halfway with pure and shake then empty again

Never had a problem and the car wash is 1 minute from my house

Why would i want to pay 60 quid for 10?

I could never find any new ones as cheap as 6 quid. I was lucky to find a guy round here that sold ones used for transporting whiskey/ brandy. Took seconds to wash out and cost me only a few quid each. I did buy a couple of new ones before I found this guy and the whiskey ones turned out to be a lot better anyway- stronger, better sizes, easier to grip etc.

Just bought some of amazon 5 for £14 and free delivery so bought two sets £2.80 a pop not bad going

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Your welcome.....don't bother tipping your hat.

It seems only yourself Mr J&S is of the opinion that rinsing and using old barrels is a waste of time when you can pay FULL price and get a brand new ones.
Personally i cant see the problem taking maybe 10 minutes of my day to rinse 8 barrels out for FREE.
Theres sn old saying..... A fool and his money etc.
This is of course only my opinion and not necessarily the right one but hey ho..

Been checking with ppm meter all been 0 and had no more issues
Old barrels a winner

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back