Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

L

Liam2302

Going to start up a window cleaning service but at the moment I’m on a join benifit claim with partner (she is disabled. I was looking for work and to no luck want to do this)

So I’m worried once I declare myself working for myself our benifits will be cut and I will be expected to pay rent at £180 a week, council tax and bills when I wont have any customers or very few to start with..

Has anyone else been in this situation starting up ? If so how did you deal with ithis

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Going to start up a window cleaning service but at the moment I’m on a join benifit claim with partner (she is disabled. I was looking for work and to no luck want to do this)

So I’m worried once I declare myself working for myself our benifits will be cut and I will be expected to pay rent at £180 a week, council tax and bills when I wont have any customers or very few to start with..

Has anyone else been in this situation starting up ? If so how did you deal with ithis

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
speak to jobcentre about. New enterprise allowance. They basically pay u £x a week for 3 months, probably can help in other ways too, best bet is to speak to them

Not ideal but why not canvass like mad for say November with a view to start cleaning on the 1st of December(letting your new customers know this) and finish your claim at that time.

within the next month if you get your head down you will cover your benefit money no problem.

you can still claim for November when canvassing as your taking any money.

Thanks yeah that sounds good I will start canvassing now, also I was told to not start before April as I will be charged for a whole years tax estimate and won’t be able to cover it? Is this true ? I’ve tried researching it but confused on it?

Also I’m going to be working out of my car and thinking about a telescopic ladder as I will be trad until a spotless water install gets done early 2018.. are the telescopics safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

No, telescopics are unsuitable for cleaning from. Fine for access to flat roofs or very occasional use, but no good for regular cleaning. Get a set of 12ft doubles and a roof rack, won’t set you back very much more than a decent telescopic....

Thanks yeah that sounds good I will start canvassing now, also I was told to not start before April as I will be charged for a whole years tax estimate and won’t be able to cover it? Is this true ? I’ve tried researching it but confused on it?

Also I’m going to be working out of my car and thinking about a telescopic ladder as I will be trad until a spotless water install gets done early 2018.. are the telescopics safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
you'll get taxed on you actual profit, so doesn't matter when u start. Avoid telescopic ladders, not strong enough get a set of doubles/triples only £100ish.

Back