Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Cristian

6 week frequency - number of cleans a year

I personally think anyone sticking to an exact schedule is making a rod for their own back.

I say to my customers ‘see you in  roughly six weeks’. That way if I fancy a day off, I will.

If I’m going on holiday it’s “I’ll be late around next time, going on holiday”

Never had a problem with this method in over 20 years 👍

Flaming hell guys has this turned into the FB page! 

Just go to work earn good coin , sometimes little early sometimes little late customers never get to bothered as long as you competitive and do good job , and enjoy life ,I’m fairly happy on my own in van on just domestic 😁

Say £2000 round monthly so with days off hols etc so 11cleans = £22000.

6 weekly = 8 cleans = £16000 so can afford to be a little late.

13 hours ago, jay198127 said:

if your off for a week then those customers you just skip a month..and tell them why....im on holiday that week...if your off for a day then you may be able to squeeze those in to catch up...always see on hear people saying there behind because they had a week off...dont get why people try and do ones they've missed for the week as what do you do the next month surely just messes your whole round up..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends if you work calendar monthly yes you would have to skip or mess up your round.

I work 4 weekly so if I have a week off the whole lot gets shifted a week. 

When I say I'm a week behind constantly I mean it's taking me 5 weeks to get round my work instead of 4. So I've either got too much work or Adam too lazy or both.

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...
just don't make sense to me.

3 hours ago, PersilPete said:

Ive showed your obsession paragraph to my partner..I thought I was mad.. thank god im mad but not alone yay. Cleaning windows is a great job. I don't do 500 a day far from it but chipping away keeping customers happy having loads of tea and cake and getting the job done. Does it for me Happy daz

Look up a guy on youtube C T Fletcher 

Weightlifting world champion who now does motivational speaking and a very smart guy

He also says the key to success in anything is obsession

It is the only way you will achieve all you can

40 minutes ago, jay198127 said:

my work calender is yes 4 weekly ..each day full so if I had a week off it gets skipped...theres no way I could fit in that weeks work the next week as well as that weeks work...
then you have the scenario following month your gonna have to do those customers your fitting in a week or so early to get your work back in to the usual 4 weekly schedule,
how do you get round doing your customers the following month that you've done late last month, you must be doing them early say 3 weeks or less to get back on track other wise surely the week you had off the following month you have no work scheduled, because you've crammed it in the week you come back of holiday...

This is what makes no sense to me 

Why would you skip that days work rather than carry on where you left off thus avoiding missing customers for a whole clean ?

Whatever fequency you do including monthly makes no difference

If i had a monthly job due on the 1st and had a week holiday it would then be done around the 7th

That doesn't mean it is done a week early next time just do it around the 7th next time as that is when it will be due

A job due around the 28th would be done the first week of the next month as it would all have been held back a week due to holiday

Round planning software or my excel spreadsheet with formulas for dates etc will take care of that for you

I don't get this fascination with monthly being different

6 hours ago, jay198127 said:

So if you have a week off you make those due clients/jobs wait 8 weeks before their next clean ??, If so total madness if I have a week off i will drop straight back on to the work that was made to wait due to me been off and they in effect they are all a week behind until fully caught up.