Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 week frequency - number of cleans a year

Cristian

Hi lads, 

On a 6 week frequency would it work doing 7 cleans a year, then the other days would be for lost time through really bad weather and then holidays some add on work etc etc. Trying to get my head around how to set this up so I don't get myself into a bind,, . Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Cristian 

Nahh, 52 - 4 for holidays and stuff =48/6 = 8... the good thing about 6 weekly is it’s a little less fixed in a custys mind, as it’s not the same time each month, so you can usually get away with doing things a few days early or late without too much issue. 

I wouldnt even think about it, just clean every 6 weeks and if you want a day or a week off have it

my round is supposed to be 4 weekly, but i havent caught up in months, im getting round it 5 weekly at best.

I used to worry about being exact, but its all in your head, customers arnt really that bothered as long as you are coming with some regularity.

I disagree somewhat, some customers do like to know when things are likely to happen like the window cleaner turning up for instance and I have gained work from other window cleaners "turning up whenever he wants".

Not all, but some!

I wouldnt even think about it, just clean every 6 weeks and if you want a day or a week off have it

my round is supposed to be 4 weekly, but i havent caught up in months, im getting round it 5 weekly at best.

I used to worry about being exact, but its all in your head, customers arnt really that bothered as long as you are coming with some regularity.

Yep that's it I used to miss quite frequently before wfp with workload and the customers weren't to bothered because they were saving a few quid.
But nowadays I work them harder and they don't get as many cash breaks lol.

I disagree somewhat, some customers do like to know when things are likely to happen like the window cleaner turning up for instance and I have gained work from other window cleaners "turning up whenever he wants".

Not all, but some!

Yes there is the odd exception that will ask where you've been, but it's literally a couple of customers, quite simple really though to deal with that...once you've found out who the keen ones are then make sure you get there's done.  

I think customers get conditioned to you. If you turn up every 4th Tuesday bang on them all of a sudden start being 2 weeks late they will notice. I tell all mine from the off its every 4 weeks but don't panic if I'm a week late at times as there's plenty of reasons I could be behind schedule. Most will understand and as long as you are regular they won't bat an eye lid. Like I said I've been at least a week being for months and can count on one hand people that have asked why. Not lost any yet that I know of.

I'm regular as clockwork and have been for years, I think a lot of my customers appreciate that.

I talk to my customers and try to find out what they do and don't like because I like to deliver a service along with clean windows, if you can clean windows to a high standard that's one thing but if you can guarantee your turning up on time and forward calling, wearing a uniform and turning up in a clean and tidy van then you can say your a professional window cleaning service.

You can sell yourself as-as good as the best and justify why your "more expensive".

I'm regular as clockwork and have been for years, I think a lot of my customers appreciate that.

I talk to my customers and try to find out what they do and don't like because I like to deliver a service along with clean windows, if you can clean windows to a high standard that's one thing but if you can guarantee your turning up on time and forward calling, wearing a uniform and turning up in a clean and tidy van then you can say your a professional window cleaning service.

You can sell yourself as-as good as the best and justify why your "more expensive".

Fair enough, i would say im all of those things apart from regular as clockwork, but its a good thing as im looking to take someone on in the new year, so at least i know ive got enough work to give them if im always behind. 

I dont know how you can be bang on time every month, last month i was away for a week, this week im moving house so a few days off. i had to have a day off not long ago as the weather was crazy. Too many things can crop up to guarantee set days, it suits how i want to work anyhow as i dont want to feel i cant have a day off if needed.

I'm full to bursting and I'm still doing first cleans every week. But I'm always there and don't miss a beat, except for storms!

I really want to grow a profitable business with a great reputation, the way I'm going I'm doing something right.

I feel like I can literally walk by and pick up top jobs with ease, I don't really know where I'm heading at the minute but I feel like I can go as far as I want. This year has been amazing I couldn't of dreamed I could have achieved what I have. I'm full up with confidence.

It basically boils down to being fully committed and almost obsessed with getting somewhere, I have dedicated myself to the task.

I kind of have an idea I would like £50k per month of work spread over 10 men in 5 years and I can do that probably in less time but I just don't know if I want all that comes with it, I'm coasting right now and don't really need to make any decisions till next year.

I always set goals at the beginning of the year so I'll make my mind up at Christmas holiday, given the year I had this year I will know I can "go get" and "bring back" a significant goal.

Some people will say that I live a boring life and "how can you love window cleaning so much" but its not boring to me! I'm achieving my goals so yes I work 7 days sometimes and even have dreams about quotes, first cleans, jobs I did last week etc. I am a little obsessed right now but obsession is necessary for great achievement-whatever that means to you.

I don't want to sound negative as you obviously have done very well in a short space of time. However £50k a month with 10 men is probably a bit ambitious. I haven't got a problem with ambition but I would set a target somewhat lower as after a while you end up on a treadmill where you're chasing work to keep men busy. Never mind finding 10 good men, good luck which ever way you go. 

6 Weekly messes up the calendar ! 

I refuse 6 Weekly , its 4-8-12 , anything other, And you end up twice on the same Street with 2 weeks apart , just to satisfy 1 custy ... logistics are a mess with these frequencies . 

I have started offering 4/6/8/12 now (don't actually offer 12 but will do it if asked and have a few blocks of flats on 12)

Most have been going for 6 which seems perfect to most customers

Monthly as i call it but in reality 4 weekly seems too often to them but 2 monthly too long

I am lucky as i work within a 3-4 mile radius of home depending which work i have on so can always make up a good round for a days work 

I don't care about being in the same road twice in a couple of weeks as i do a loop from home back to home each day and usually earn what i set out to with no issues

Got a bit of work further out now that only gets the 6 weekly option due to the logistics of being further away

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback lads on this, I don't mind returning to the same street in a couple of weeks either as all my work will be within 5 miles radius of home. 

I'm full to bursting and I'm still doing first cleans every week. But I'm always there and don't miss a beat, except for storms!

I really want to grow a profitable business with a great reputation, the way I'm going I'm doing something right.

I feel like I can literally walk by and pick up top jobs with ease, I don't really know where I'm heading at the minute but I feel like I can go as far as I want. This year has been amazing I couldn't of dreamed I could have achieved what I have. I'm full up with confidence.

It basically boils down to being fully committed and almost obsessed with getting somewhere, I have dedicated myself to the task.

I kind of have an idea I would like £50k per month of work spread over 10 men in 5 years and I can do that probably in less time but I just don't know if I want all that comes with it, I'm coasting right now and don't really need to make any decisions till next year.

I always set goals at the beginning of the year so I'll make my mind up at Christmas holiday, given the year I had this year I will know I can "go get" and "bring back" a significant goal.

Some people will say that I live a boring life and "how can you love window cleaning so much" but its not boring to me! I'm achieving my goals so yes I work 7 days sometimes and even have dreams about quotes, first cleans, jobs I did last week etc. I am a little obsessed right now but obsession is necessary for great achievement-whatever that means to you.

I think it's great to have goals and understand your obsession.

Im also looking to grow and build a bigger business. I think where my mindset differs from your though is don't work 7 days a week I work 5. I have a big family which wont allow it. But mainly I've realised my obsession isn't with window cleaning it's with growth, I don't physically enjoy cleaning all day, it's ok don't get me wrong but I like the business side of things looking at the numbers and thinking how can I leverage others etc.

I think I'm just easing off at the minute with the building as I'm full up for myself and thinking how to take that next step. I need to employ but I don't want to employ right now as I have a lot going on. I'm in the middle of a house move, I've got a baby due a week before Christmas and also got another 4 kids so Christmas is expensive, not to mention got a tax bill in Jan. Had enough of growth for one year, done I eat 200 first cleans and dealt with all non payers and Messer's etc so glad to have a break from it. I've achieved my target that I set out which was to have 300 regular reliable customers and I feel I've got that now so easing off till the new year when I can get some plans in place to go again. This year was all canvassed work but I've got another marketing method in mind for this year to use alongside which should make a big difference.

Just need to find the right member of staff next and then invest again. 

Fair enough, i would say im all of those things apart from regular as clockwork, but its a good thing as im looking to take someone on in the new year, so at least i know ive got enough work to give them if im always behind. 

I dont know how you can be bang on time every month, last month i was away for a week, this week im moving house so a few days off. i had to have a day off not long ago as the weather was crazy. Too many things can crop up to guarantee set days, it suits how i want to work anyhow as i dont want to feel i cant have a day off if needed.
if your off for a week then those customers you just skip a month..and tell them why....im on holiday that week...if your off for a day then you may be able to squeeze those in to catch up...always see on hear people saying there behind because they had a week off...dont get why people try and do ones they've missed for the week as what do you do the next month surely just messes your whole round up..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Everybody's got different goals and ambition s which is what makes our jobs and lives interesting, I'm quite happy being one man and a van having being employed and having been an employer which I personally found a hassle, but if you find a good worker or two the sky's the limit.

paul alan said:
I'm just showing what can be done!

And yeah I suppose it did go on a bit but here isn't no need to attack to it, save your critic for people giving bad advice and being "negative" JAY.
I like your attitude ! Im personally in a mindset-changing fase , i listen to Anything entreprenuer-stuff i can while doing my jobs. My goal is to be better doing B2B canvassing and get these jobs i Always wanted, instead of just Getting them by luck. Anybody negative who looks at a succesfull guy ,says " oh its just luck" but NO ! Its only through hard work and dedication youll get what you want. Negativity is for the weak-minded .  :1f44d:

6 weekly is the way to go . I think I put a long boring post up a while back how I ended up on 6 weekly .,forget calendar monthly cleans . The worst ever . I know a lad works like that . He wants at least a week off at Christmas. Never gets all his work done in December . He had 2 weeks off in August . He’s losing money straight away .,if you wanna go 4 weekly that’s fine cos 8 weekly fits in with that . But don’t start shoving 6 weeklys in. We get our 6 weeklys done 8 or 9 Times a year . The beauty of em is when you are wanting time off bring some in early , they won’t even notice . Maybe do some late when you get back from your break . Then start to bring them all back in line . No money lost . 

I get really bugged if I am off schedule. Happily though dropping add ons will help sort that. For me it's monthly, every other month or one off.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Could you share how you would quote for each frequency Mr Green on say a £10 house?

I mean once you have settled in your mind the job price, do you have a ratio to account for the extra dirt the longer the frequency?

i.e. standard, x1.5 or x2. thanks

Latest Posts

Back