Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin Shortage In The Uk

L

LiamSeb

I ordered some resin from the window cleaning warehouse and they sent me an email saying this

As you may be aware, there is a shortage on resin supplies worldwide (however particularly in the  U.K). Whilst we are striving to resolve this, the issue is ongoing and will be for the immediate future. Both Unger & Tulsion have released official statements regarding this and they are both working to get this resolved also. This shortage is effecting all suppliers U.K wide at current. 

Does anyone know why this is the case?

not sure but managed to get hold of 12l unger from local shop and said odds ate they can't get any more for a while, they got 2 hydropower bags left

I ordered 2 bags from ebay just as precaution as same WCW told me same thing ,

Used same seller I used previously and the stuff seems genuine lasted me about same amount of time as WCW stuff

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Window cleaning warehouse gave me these three options

1. We can upgrade your order to PuroLite Resin at a discounted rate of £90.00 +VAT. This resin usually retails at £115 +VAT.

2. We can change to spectrum resin, an equivalent resin, this can be delivered 31st at no additional charge. 

3. We can send Unger resin as and when our stock arrives.

Remember the fuel crisis around 2000 when farmers and hauliers were picketing the

refineries and Tony Blair was wetting himself when panic buying took hold ?

Let's hope it doesn't happen here lol
Yes I do remember, it was a crazy time, haha yeah it could get to that for us!

Do you know why this is happening?

The issue is a global shortage of raw material. China has also closed down a lot of companies reason why Unger is having problems.

There will be some suppliers that will have Tulsion on Monday but next lot will not be available until mid December.

We have Purolite but this is mainly sold to other industries.

If you need resin from November, December get it now

a3f7b6242ba3c18a4f5d7062a39526b4.jpg

This is before it hits the resin so worst case scenario is.... stuff the resin [emoji85].

@doug atkinsonso whats the crack then will it ever go back to being readily available or is this whats to come shortage all the time im geting consurned and thinking i may need 1000l ibc with 4040ro  :1f4a9:

I was told by resin supplies UK India introduced vat on a set date and no companies were ready for it and it's slowed down all sorts of businesses because they had to stop operations until they had it sorted. Also something to do with customs regs happened at the same time. What she told me anyway......... 

Think I bought an RO at just the right time

Latest Posts

Back