Jump to content
Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Kenny Q

Lighter pole



Recommended Posts

Den
1 minute ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Just do a hot water conversion @paul alan.  I don't 'scrub' No need to with piping hot water.  As for bird poo and bugs (not trying to make it a competition) half my round is in the heart of the Peak District so plenty of that about. That's why I did hot water. 

 

You have got me thinking about my next set up as a majority of my round is in the villages so crazy amounts of spiders 🕷 insects 🐜 and 🐦 poo will be picking your brains when the time comes 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd
1 minute ago, Den said:

 

You have got me thinking about my next set up as a majority of my round is in the villages so crazy amounts of spiders 🕷 insects 🐜 and 🐦 poo will be picking your brains when the time comes 😀

Just go see the video in the DIY TUTORIAL section @Den. No rocket science and can fit to your current system. 

Share this post


Link to post
 
paul alan
3 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Just do a hot water conversion @paul alan.  I don't 'scrub' No need to with piping hot water.  As for bird poo and bugs (not trying to make it a competition) half my round is in the heart of the Peak District so plenty of that about. That's why I did hot water. 

Have considered it in the past but get a lot of differing opinions on hot, there is people that say it makes no difference whatsoever after using it for years and converting back to cold, then there is people that swear by it.

 

Thing is there would be an outlay for the conversion and so it feels like I would be taking a risk by trying it out, saying that I do have an immersion fitted into my 650ltr tank, 2kw I think or maybe 3kw would have to check but then I suppose i would need to uprate some hoses and brushes and maybe fittings too.

Share this post


Link to post
Den
1 minute ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Just go see the video in the DIY TUTORIAL section @Den. No rocket science and can fit to your current system. 

Will do when the times comes 👍

 

Just a little undecided on what van first, but that's for another thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd
5 minutes ago, paul alan said:

Have considered it in the past but get a lot of differing opinions on hot, there is people that say it makes no difference whatsoever after using it for years and converting back to cold, then there is people that swear by it.

 

Thing is there would be an outlay for the conversion and so it feels like I would be taking a risk by trying it out, saying that I do have an immersion fitted into my 650ltr tank, 2kw I think or maybe 3kw would have to check but then I suppose i would need to uprate some hoses and brushes and maybe fittings too.

It cost £150 and if you can plumb a hozelock garden hose you can fit a system.  

WhatvI hear back from several lads with the Webasto based systems (many thousands fitted) are the water gets to warm at best.  With my gas one it comes out hotter than I like my showers.... and I do like a hot power shower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
Hi Alex
 
I yesterday bought an extreme 18 from you, should the worst happen and it snaps can I purchase replacement sections?
 
may thanks



Providing you look after as per instructions provided which come with the pole, Then section's will be replaced under warranty if a section snaps in the first 12 months.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Julian Noddy Dean

because i am a horse i used a slx35 with a xline sill brush and a auqadapter fitted on the end as a daily pole for years and years , but after a massive accident my life changed , i went from benching 250kg at the gym to hardly lifting 130 my pole became like lead and i was in alot of plain everyday 

 

fast forward 2 years and a lot of cash  ive know settled on a ex22 , with a supreme brush , uni value and a carbon goose neck , the girls at gardeners spend a long time with me on the phone and were a great help with me , not rushing me and going into depth about brushes and telling me the feed back they got from other windys which was a massive help  

 

 i used the exreme brush for a few months ,  but you really have to think about it when cleaning every window and because it was so light you rubbed more and if your not swiched on you can mark the sills with the stock

 

i found the supreme a good comprise 

 

if your in a world of hurt these are by far the best but if you heavy handed and shutter windows then i would go for a slx18 and a ex47 for anything higher as ive found this to be the next best combo for the world of hurt and for staff that dont give a hoot about there gear yet have trouble with hurt 

Edited by Julian Noddy Dean
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
paul alan
9 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

It cost £150 and if you can plumb a hozelock garden hose you can fit a system.  

WhatvI hear back from several lads with the Webasto based systems (many thousands fitted) are the water gets to warm at best.  With my gas one it comes out hotter than I like my showers.... and I do like a hot power shower. 

Did my plumbing new level 2 so shouldn’t be a problem.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
paul alan
9 hours ago, Julian Noddy Dean said:

because i am a horse i used a slx35 with a xline sill brush and a auqadapter fitted on the end as a daily pole for years and years , but after a massive accident my life changed , i went from benching 250kg at the gym to hardly lifting 130 my pole became like lead and i was in alot of plain everyday 

 

fast forward 2 years and a lot of cash  ive know settled on a ex22 , with a supreme brush , uni value and a carbon goose neck , the girls at gardeners spend a long time with me on the phone and were a great help with me , not rushing me and going into depth about brushes and telling me the feed back they got from other windys which was a massive help  

 

 i used the exreme brush for a few months ,  but you really have to think about it when cleaning every window and because it was so light you rubbed more and if your not swiched on you can mark the sills with the stock

 

i found the supreme a good comprise 

 

if your in a world of hurt these are by far the best but if you heavy handed and shutter windows then i would go for a slx18 and a ex47 for anything higher as ive found this to be the next best combo for the world of hurt and for staff that dont give a hoot about there gear yet have trouble with hurt 

Horse benching 250k ???

 

haha.... more like a bull mate!

Share this post


Link to post
paul alan

I once benched 175k and it scared me I gotta be honest it was a silly thing to do that weight felt ridicule's , but was juiced up and felt superhuman so had to give it a go.

 

Can dead 200k but 250k bench would destroy my shoulders am sure, would just snap!

 

Share this post


Link to post


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.