Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First commercial pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cooperman

Potentially got my very first customer, AND it's commercial...

Not even got my ladders yet, but potentially got my first customer (and they said I could use their ladders if needed! So could start even sooner)

Just wanted some ideas on how you guys would price this.

Its a large 3 storey victorian detached house that's now used as a care home.

The manager isn't bothered about the top windows doing, just the ground and 1st floor.

They had a window cleaner about 5 years ago but he went on the missing list...

He used to charge them £70/80 (5 years back) to do the ground floor and first floor traditionally.

There are a total of 40/45 windows that require cleaning. The rear windows are accessible by a flat roof that's sturdy enough to walk on. The fronts would be via ladder.

Have a look at the photos (although they're not great, but give a general idea)

051791caac08d06e734d55f30db6eee4.jpg

95f97625d5d5d8ce810a44a97c3874ff.jpg

490ee2f5ac76113240839f283f703385.jpg

b2685db05b57580188d392e3e6b50a3e.jpg

0726972c1e509062808008293d820e09.jpg

005e77f13a11887b9d4a79dddf000288.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

tbh gonna be a pig of a job trad, depends on how often it gonna be done for price, £40 4weekly, £50 8 weekly. I'd do most that with an exelerator and trad pole. As a newbie may take you a long time, just be aware of that.

Yeah possibly Part Timer.
They're actually a customer of my "main" job.
I'd called in to see them today and just happened to ask if they had a window cleaner. (I've been asking a few people - either to get an idea for pricing, or drum up future business)
The manager said they'd love a window cleaner, then told me the story of their last one disappearing years back...
I was thinking I'd maybe do first clean as a "Freebie" seeing as I know them and they'd be my very first customer. That way I'd get an idea for how long it'd take me and I'd be able to base an hourly rate round that. Plus I'd get the worst part over with, scrubbing off all the muck. Then next time it would (hopefully) take less time.

Why do the first clean for free?

It hasn't been cleaned for 5 years and will be hanging it should incur a premium not a freebie.

They where paying £70 5 years ago and buy all accounts they where not getting a good job you should aim for a lot more.

How often do they want it done?chances are and with the sound of him he will just get you in to do a one off.

Wanting them done 4 weekly. I was thinking to go in at a straight £100

If you're talking to them ask them what they want to pay. I'd start off by saying that as they haven't been cleaned in ages you're looking at around £120. Then say that after first clean you'll be able to drop the price a bit as it won't take you as long. You're then better placed to know how long it will take. Also insist on payment before next wash, you'll only be out one wash if they're messers.

I look at that and think absolutely max an hour and a half, when you're up to speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers part-timer. Sounds like a good plan. I was thinking if I could get each window done in about a minute plus running about, it should be just over an hour. Nice little earner :)

Only when you've got it, a lot of people, that are established and busy, can sometimes get carried away. It is your business and up to you to decide what you want to earn. Even if it took you 3 hours at £70 you'll still be making £23+ an hour. Tell me another job out there that pays that. 

Back