Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean quote - HELP!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mark Foster

Hi. 

Not been on on here for a while, made a few posts a couple years ago when I was starting up. Got lots of helpful advice and tips, thank you!

Anyway things are going well, I have targeted domestic work and build up a decent client base. However I have been asked to quote a builders clean on a new development of apartments near me. Remove protective film and stickers and clean glass. Now l don't want to show my inexperience here so I'm hoping for some help if poss. The glass I can quote easily that's not a problem, it's the removal of film/stickers that I'm stuck with. Also will they expect me to clean inside as well?

any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

I think they would expect you to do the ins detaping and cleaning the frames is what takes the time the glass isnt to much of a problem a bit of glue remover and wash down with squeegee [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Builders cleans jobs are the only jobs I’ve ever lost money on!!!

Get assurances they won’t be covered in paint and plaster

You need fine wire wool soudal upvc cleaner rags a scraper and plenty of blades

Don’t rush

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Last builders cleans to me are very hard work and high risk.

I did one 2 wks ago lucky it was on hourly. I thought when I looked at it easy 3 hours took 8. Glass was scratched before I started had rust from an angle grinder in it lucky I know the custom well and have done other builders cleans for him in the past so he knows the score.

Life's enough stress with out having to do builders clean.
On big sites the builders don't give a **** the site manager wants to blame everyone else for damage so it doesn't come out of his pocket.

If any one else but this one customers asks for a builders clean I say no. Way to much hard work for a coin flip on if I hit my price or not.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back