Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GrippaTank

Jason g

Expanding business and need to upgrade to 850 litre tank from 650 and from 1 hose reel to 2 hose reels.

is Grippa the best way forward?? And if so if the hot water system worth the money??

cheers

Expanding business and need to upgrade to 850 litre tank from 650 and from 1 hose reel to 2 hose reels.
is Grippa the best way forward?? And if so if the hot water system worth the money??
cheers

Not bought one of there systems, yet...

Oliver is very helpful, give him a call or email.

I can only go on personal experience, bought a 2 man 650l Hot water system nearly 7 years ago and still using it. Probably at half the price of Grippa today. Would give them my business every time, hope your clients don't dump you for 1 bad experience. 
Did they come out and own the mistake or did they know they were selling fake

One thing is a bad series of events and no I’ll intent.

The other is duping the market

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Did they come out and own the mistake or did they know they were selling fake

One thing is a bad series of events and no I’ll intent.

The other is duping the market

I agree but as I said I can only go on personal experience. If they did knowingly sell low grade resin then someone should sue them for costs incurred and loss of profits. 

I would also get a quote from Pure Freedom. 
I personally wouldn’t touch pure freedom with a barge pole , I phoned them several times spoke to someone he said I’ll get back to you nothing , this happened about 4 times I then emailed them never did get a reply so bought a very good heater from Oliver at Grippatank reassuringly expensive but exelent kit , pure freedom lost out on about 8k due to the not bothering don’t bother with second rate company’s go for those that look after there customers 

I personally wouldn’t touch pure freedom with a barge pole , I phoned them several times spoke to someone he said I’ll get back to you nothing , this happened about 4 times I then emailed them never did get a reply so bought a very good heater from Oliver at Grippatank reassuringly expensive but exelent kit , pure freedom lost out on about 8k due to the not bothering don’t bother with second rate company’s go for those that look after there customers 
Yep, I’ve had work done by GrippaTank, expensive, but quality equipment and after service 

Yep, I’ve had work done by GrippaTank, expensive, but quality equipment and after service 
Grippatank have fitted a full system for me and have been excellent, customer service second to none.
As for purefreedom refer to above complaints. Sadly the same experience over the black resin.
Would not touch them with the proverbial bargepole.

Bottom line for any of us is the budget we have,  In the past I had seriously considered Grippa but £2,000 for a 300ltr tank with fitting no delivery system or controller. 

As for PF 1 or 2 people within that company made seriously out of order decision, Does that mean that the lads who work in the engineering unit and fit the systems are to blame or does it make them incompetent not likely. I made contact with PF a little while back and got a a rapid response with a competitive quote I found the person i dealt with very professional. They will be getting my money when i switch motors in march. 

Bottom line for any of us is the budget we have,  In the past I had seriously considered Grippa but £2,000 for a 300ltr tank with fitting no delivery system or controller. 

As for PF 1 or 2 people within that company made seriously out of order decision, Does that mean that the lads who work in the engineering unit and fit the systems are to blame or does it make them incompetent not likely. I made contact with PF a little while back and got a a rapid response with a competitive quote I found the person i dealt with very professional. They will be getting my money when i switch motors in march. 
Problem is first impressions are what people go on I gave them at least 4 or 5 chances to get back to me they didn’t how many more chances should they have ???? If they cannot be bothered to try and sell you something what are they going to be like if there is a problem ????? It doesn’t matter how good the engineering department is if there front line staff don’t do there job , I have a couple of friends that have pf systems and the quality of it is ok but nothing to shout about , Grippatank s stuff is head and shoulder above pf in terms of quality finish and looks pf stuff the powder coating flakes of with rust underneath on both systems my friends have looks very tatty it’s cheaper than Grippatank and it’s easy to see why as the old adage said by cheap buy twice or you get what you pay for 

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated.  Am I right in saying that when you lease a van and system thru grippa at the end of the contract the van goes back but the system will belong to me??

Problem is first impressions are what people go on I gave them at least 4 or 5 chances to get back to me they didn’t how many more chances should they have ???? If they cannot be bothered to try and sell you something what are they going to be like if there is a problem ????? It doesn’t matter how good the engineering department is if there front line staff don’t do there job , I have a couple of friends that have pf systems and the quality of it is ok but nothing to shout about , Grippatank s stuff is head and shoulder above pf in terms of quality finish and looks pf stuff the powder coating flakes of with rust underneath on both systems my friends have looks very tatty it’s cheaper than Grippatank and it’s easy to see why as the old adage said by cheap buy twice or you get what you pay for 
My system is coming up 7 years old and I don't think there's any rust on it, the van is a different matter. I have no experience whatsoever with Grippa but this all started off and someone asking about them and me suggesting getting a quote from Pure Freedom. If someone has all the information then he is in a better place to make a decision. 

I can fully appreciate your take on their customer service due to the experience you had with them and i would be same with a comapny if i had a similar experience. 

But regarding wfp systems in general as we all know, Its a tank, pump, controller and battery it don't have to be fancy I have used a diy system for over 6 years which cost well under a grand and it does the same job as any other system costing a great deal more. Best Regards IG

Wth Grippa it is a proper crash tested system. You also have a full back up service as well. Customers who have purchased it from us in Scotland the huge difference they see is they don't even feel the tank. You cannot compare it to the likes of PF as totally different.

You also need to look at this way as well. It is tax deductible and as a business you invest in good products. 

A customer of ours who who purchased the hot water system has seen his business grow due his system. 

There is no doubt that Grippa have a very good product. What I have to do is to buy something that allows me to maximise my profits. Any investment is tax deductible, but that only saves you 20 in the £  

I don't know what Grippa cost's but my next system will be a 2 man 1000l hot water system. I will check Grippa, and others, but I am fairly certain PF will be significantly cheaper, circa 40%, being my guesstimate. I am also fairly certain that it will do the job I bought it for. 

Wth Grippa it is a proper crash tested system. You also have a full back up service as well. Customers who have purchased it from us in Scotland the huge difference they see is they don't even feel the tank. You cannot compare it to the likes of PF as totally different.

You also need to look at this way as well. It is tax deductible and as a business you invest in good products. 

A customer of ours who who purchased the hot water system has seen his business grow due his system. 
Very valid points diy is ok nothing wrong with it but a professional crash tested system is a far safer option as far as Ime concerned , this comes into play more if you have staff and clients that want to see your set up and we have secured a number of commercial contracts due to our professional set up , that’s not boasting it’s what some company’s want to see , also in 15 years of wfp I have never had a break down that has stoped us working , how often on the forums do you hear of people having issues about this or that not working or how do I connect so and so there are several cleaners around my way that just have wires from the battery to a pump with no fuse which is asking for trouble a professional set up is all safe ready to go with no issues ??? hopefully, I do accept that this costs more but if you are relying on earning your living from it shorly it’s worth it . If the avarage cleaner earns £200 per day which is easily achievable without working long hours it doesn’t take to long to pay for it anyway  

Back