Jump to content
philb

Renting out a round

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

 

My circumstances might have taken a sudden change which would mean moving down south for 1-2years. I have just finishing building up my round (approx. £1400 a month) and don't want to sell as want it when I come back so thinking of renting out my round so just interested in your thoughts

1. How much would you want if you rented out your round or how much would you be willing to pay if renting a round off someone? A percentage monthly or fixed price?

2. What do you think would be realistic with regards cancellations whilst they rented the round?

3. What do you think would be realistic with regards new customers whilst they rented the round?

4. Would you ask they do the work under your company name or stay well clear?

Any other thoughts or input welcome

Thanks guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, philb said:

Hi Guys

 

My circumstances might have taken a sudden change which would mean moving down south for 1-2years. I have just finishing building up my round (approx. £1400 a month) and don't want to sell as want it when I come back so thinking of renting out my round so just interested in your thoughts

1. How much would you want if you rented out your round or how much would you be willing to pay if renting a round off someone? A percentage monthly or fixed price?

2. What do you think would be realistic with regards cancellations whilst they rented the round?

3. What do you think would be realistic with regards new customers whilst they rented the round?

4. Would you ask they do the work under your company name or stay well clear?

Any other thoughts or input welcome

Thanks guys

 

You want to sub it out. Maybe to a couple of cleaners, that way you still manage round, and the customers remember it’s you they deal with. You can swap the work between them so they don’t get too familiar with the custy’s... you can ask that walk ups are referred to you, maybe with a bonus for signing them up, but realistically not gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High-tower said:

 

You want to sub it out. Maybe to a couple of cleaners, that way you still manage round, and the customers remember it’s you they deal with. You can swap the work between them so they don’t get too familiar with the custy’s... you can ask that walk ups are referred to you, maybe with a bonus for signing them up, but realistically not gonna happen.

the problem with that is I wouldn't be around or have the time to manage the round, deal with referrals or allocate workloads, so think I am going to have to rent it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've rented before and it was a set price per month. Someone I knew but still had some issues. I've thought about it alot and would never rent my round out. There's just too many things to go wrong. The round will slowly die while they built their own round on the side from walk ups, and that's if they're honest. If they're dishonest you could lose the whole thing quite easily. As gutting as it is after all the work, I agree with Green- sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at it this way. I personally class myself as being honest.
But if i were to rent a round or you were to rent a round yes we would do our days work but only as a stepping stone to building my/your own work from walk ups or customer passing MY new phone number on for a quote.
You gotta think of number 1. And so will the folk renting your work.

Jurys out.
Myself and the knowledge before me advice you not to rent.

Tally ho old bean.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what has been said so far but my prob with selling & buying a round later is I live in a relatively small town and have managed to build up my round from scratch all within a close distance at a good price whereas chances are a round might not be available to buy near me or if it is every house could be £2. 

 

I would prob look to rent it to a friend or friend of a friend so hopefully they wouldn’t steal the work & would put a clause in contract saying any cancellations within a certain limit would need to be made up with new customers.

 

if you were to rent a round off someone what would you be willing to pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, philb said:

I get what has been said so far but my prob with selling & buying a round later is I live in a relatively small town and have managed to build up my round from scratch all within a close distance at a good price whereas chances are a round might not be available to buy near me or if it is every house could be £2. 

 

I would prob look to rent it to a friend or friend of a friend so hopefully they wouldn’t steal the work & would put a clause in contract saying any cancellations within a certain limit would need to be made up with new customers.

 

if you were to rent a round off someone what would you be willing to pay?

are you mad !!!! sorry to be so blunt but your talking 100% aload of **** and your a fool  ! 

 

so your friends go from min wage to 30 pounds an hour over night , they suddley change there life style to boot  and you think there going to give this up over night welcoming you back with open arms in two years time  ? take a look at yourself in the mirror 

 

if it was me  i would be building friendships with your customers and calling you a toss pot when going there to clean there windows , two years later when i know your coming back i would be out with my sad eyes telling them your coming back and setting up on my own oh and heres my new number would be coming out of my mouth 

 

you have no friends when it comes to business and with the infux of new cleaners coming in the trade then its only going to get harder ,

 

i did the same as you , lived in the north traveled every weekend to sort the lad out (4k) a month and it was a night mare , not turning up . doing extra work for cash , van using massive amount of fuel   loseing work ect ect so it was either sell it on or let it go this was with in  7 months of buying it !

 

so i moved here and never looked back ! all over a crappy round  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with green and skwag . I rented a small amount of work a few years s back to a mate and also he had his own work . If it went well I was going to rent him some more . Within 6 months I had to grab it back and go sort it all out . We had an agreed date every 4 weeks to pay me . He started coming out with all sorts of **** to not pay the full amount . You would need someone totally 100%you trust . But I would never do it again . We ended up falling out over it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't employ someone, nor keep up with the paperwork when subbing it out. Sell it.

 

Your future two years from now is not dependent on you having the exact customers you have today, there is always work to find.

 

If the route is an especially good earner, you'll probably get a better price for it when selling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your custys wanna use the ones they know. 2 yrs on , and your long forgotten. 

Had a round for 10 yrs . Sold it to my friend , and when he Got injured i helped him out one day , funny thing the custys didnt even knew who i was. ...:1f644:

what im saying is , once you sublet your work , you gotta be prepared its lost work if they Got better chemestry with your sub-guy.  And for "walk-ups" i can only say that they go straight in your subbers pockets. Man ! I wouldnt let them pass on to you if i subbed, and im an honest guy , but face it,you dont pay my bills, we,re all out for out own ,mainly . My advice ! SELL ! :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, High-tower said:

Subbing it really wouldn’t be that much work... couple of hours to put worksheets together chase debts and handle invoices... it’s the only way you might manage to hang on to it.

To be honest i have my round but also sub off another local guy about 800 quid of 6 weekly work

He knows if i pick up new jobs in that area i will take them as mine as i work the same area but also if i pick up any that suit his round better ie: neighbours of his work i will stick them on his round as it makes sense as i do monthly and 2 monthly and he does 6 weekly so makes sense to do them at the same time

The 20% loss on the job doesn't bother me as the work is all compact then

The problem is not everyone thinks like me and are only out for themselves

(That reminds me i have a couple to stick on his work for next time round.. better get back on the spreadsheet and put them on lol)

My point being if someone helps me out i will look after them but as i said most people are ruthless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some very interesting replies and for the most part I get what is being said. To be honest I'm pretty much upto what I need from my round so I wouldn't be bothered if they took any walk ups/referrals as long as any cancellations were replaced. 

 

for the last 6-7months whilst building up my round I have kept my eye out for rounds for sale & there haven't been any near me or even anything within a commutable distance that was priced right. My worry is that getting a good price for my round now wont necessarily help me in 2 years time get a good round locally & I don't really want to have to start from scratch building up another round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, philb said:

some very interesting replies and for the most part I get what is being said. To be honest I'm pretty much upto what I need from my round so I wouldn't be bothered if they took any walk ups/referrals as long as any cancellations were replaced. 

 

for the last 6-7months whilst building up my round I have kept my eye out for rounds for sale & there haven't been any near me or even anything within a commutable distance that was priced right. My worry is that getting a good price for my round now wont necessarily help me in 2 years time get a good round locally & I don't really want to have to start from scratch building up another round

thing is we dont know why you need to move so were kind of getting the half story , you may never move back as its grim up north lol too much rain and its all gray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 18:49, philb said:

some very interesting replies and for the most part I get what is being said. To be honest I'm pretty much upto what I need from my round so I wouldn't be bothered if they took any walk ups/referrals as long as any cancellations were replaced. 

 

for the last 6-7months whilst building up my round I have kept my eye out for rounds for sale & there haven't been any near me or even anything within a commutable distance that was priced right. My worry is that getting a good price for my round now wont necessarily help me in 2 years time get a good round locally & I don't really want to have to start from scratch building up another round

Hi Could be interested in renting your round am very honest but don't expect you to believe that am a spiritual sort like to send out good Karma for when i leave this earth life. What area do you live mate??? Phil Please message me even if have sold now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.