Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
philb

Renting out a round

philb

Hi Guys

My circumstances might have taken a sudden change which would mean moving down south for 1-2years. I have just finishing building up my round (approx. £1400 a month) and don't want to sell as want it when I come back so thinking of renting out my round so just interested in your thoughts

1. How much would you want if you rented out your round or how much would you be willing to pay if renting a round off someone? A percentage monthly or fixed price?

2. What do you think would be realistic with regards cancellations whilst they rented the round?

3. What do you think would be realistic with regards new customers whilst they rented the round?

4. Would you ask they do the work under your company name or stay well clear?

Any other thoughts or input welcome

Thanks guys

High-tower
35 minutes ago, philb said:

Hi Guys

My circumstances might have taken a sudden change which would mean moving down south for 1-2years. I have just finishing building up my round (approx. £1400 a month) and don't want to sell as want it when I come back so thinking of renting out my round so just interested in your thoughts

1. How much would you want if you rented out your round or how much would you be willing to pay if renting a round off someone? A percentage monthly or fixed price?

2. What do you think would be realistic with regards cancellations whilst they rented the round?

3. What do you think would be realistic with regards new customers whilst they rented the round?

4. Would you ask they do the work under your company name or stay well clear?

Any other thoughts or input welcome

Thanks guys

You want to sub it out. Maybe to a couple of cleaners, that way you still manage round, and the customers remember it’s you they deal with. You can swap the work between them so they don’t get too familiar with the custy’s... you can ask that walk ups are referred to you, maybe with a bonus for signing them up, but realistically not gonna happen.

philb
1 hour ago, High-tower said:

You want to sub it out. Maybe to a couple of cleaners, that way you still manage round, and the customers remember it’s you they deal with. You can swap the work between them so they don’t get too familiar with the custy’s... you can ask that walk ups are referred to you, maybe with a bonus for signing them up, but realistically not gonna happen.

the problem with that is I wouldn't be around or have the time to manage the round, deal with referrals or allocate workloads, so think I am going to have to rent it out

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Risk is way too high in renting out a round.   I would sell it for a good rate. Put the money in a decent. ISA and then when you come back you got some dough toward buying a round or canvassers. 

Skxawng

I've rented before and it was a set price per month. Someone I knew but still had some issues. I've thought about it alot and would never rent my round out. There's just too many things to go wrong. The round will slowly die while they built their own round on the side from walk ups, and that's if they're honest. If they're dishonest you could lose the whole thing quite easily. As gutting as it is after all the work, I agree with Green- sell it.

J and S

Your customers might even like the people renting the round more than you and move over to them....think once you start renting it out you have lost it and it is wide open to abuse.

Natty1972

Couldn't rent out  a round up here  .  You would lose it .     Try to sell it .

CleanerWindows

Look at it this way. I personally class myself as being honest.
But if i were to rent a round or you were to rent a round yes we would do our days work but only as a stepping stone to building my/your own work from walk ups or customer passing MY new phone number on for a quote.
You gotta think of number 1. And so will the folk renting your work.

Jurys out.
Myself and the knowledge before me advice you not to rent.

Tally ho old bean.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

philb

I get what has been said so far but my prob with selling & buying a round later is I live in a relatively small town and have managed to build up my round from scratch all within a close distance at a good price whereas chances are a round might not be available to buy near me or if it is every house could be £2. 

I would prob look to rent it to a friend or friend of a friend so hopefully they wouldn’t steal the work & would put a clause in contract saying any cancellations within a certain limit would need to be made up with new customers.

if you were to rent a round off someone what would you be willing to pay?

Julian Noddy Dean
7 hours ago, philb said:

I get what has been said so far but my prob with selling & buying a round later is I live in a relatively small town and have managed to build up my round from scratch all within a close distance at a good price whereas chances are a round might not be available to buy near me or if it is every house could be £2. 

I would prob look to rent it to a friend or friend of a friend so hopefully they wouldn’t steal the work & would put a clause in contract saying any cancellations within a certain limit would need to be made up with new customers.

if you were to rent a round off someone what would you be willing to pay?

are you mad !!!! sorry to be so blunt but your talking 100% aload of **** and your a fool  ! 

so your friends go from min wage to 30 pounds an hour over night , they suddley change there life style to boot  and you think there going to give this up over night welcoming you back with open arms in two years time  ? take a look at yourself in the mirror 

if it was me  i would be building friendships with your customers and calling you a toss pot when going there to clean there windows , two years later when i know your coming back i would be out with my sad eyes telling them your coming back and setting up on my own oh and heres my new number would be coming out of my mouth 

you have no friends when it comes to business and with the infux of new cleaners coming in the trade then its only going to get harder ,

i did the same as you , lived in the north traveled every weekend to sort the lad out (4k) a month and it was a night mare , not turning up . doing extra work for cash , van using massive amount of fuel   loseing work ect ect so it was either sell it on or let it go this was with in  7 months of buying it !

so i moved here and never looked back ! all over a crappy round