Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ditching Tapatalk and our app

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Hi have talked about this in the past but now I am seriously considering it. 

I know several use the app and only the app but Tapatalk have been useless for some time. I pay them each month for the liberty of having our own app. They never update our apps causing issues for users and me. Our iOS app is several versions out of date as they are just ignoring me. The app has caused some odd issues with images not matching up to threads etc.  In general Tapatalk is only handy really for push notifications. It's becoming more and more frustrating to work with them and ultimately I need to come to a decision.  That is that I will likely be getting rid of our apps and ditching support for Tapatalk all together. 

Hi have talked about this in the past but now I am seriously considering it. 

I know several use the app and only the app but Tapatalk have been useless for some time. I pay them each month for the liberty of having our own app. They never update our apps causing issues for users and me. Our iOS app is several versions out of date as they are just ignoring me. The app has caused some odd issues with images not matching up to threads etc.  In general Tapatalk is only handy really for push notifications. It's becoming more and more frustrating to work with them and ultimately I need to come to a decision.  That is that I will likely be getting rid of our apps and ditching support for Tapatalk all together. 

Don't ditch I only use app, I'll be sad not to be involved anymore.

I'm happy to purchase the app...?

Don't ditch I only use app, I'll be sad not to be involved anymore.

I'm happy to purchase the app...?
If you use the app on your mobile why not just log on to the forum on your browser?

I only use my phone but have no need for the app

It's not so much the costs guys it's the fact I am paying for a **** service. As Dave said. The mobile browser version of our site works very well. The only benefit really of the app is push notifications which again half the time don't work properly.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you use the app on your mobile why not just log on to the forum on your browser?
I only use my phone but have no need for the app

App much easier but I suppose I could.

Surely the app has to be kept...

It would be nice to keep but I have been battling Tapatalk for so long now. They just ignore me and don't submit updates. They won't give me the app files to update it myself in the respective app stores so we are at stalemate. Our iOS app is so out of date now it's stupid.

You have to do what you have to do Gav. I use the app myself but I wouldn't have an issue just using the browser- apart from the notifications there's not much in it- in fact the browser might just edge it.

You can set up the notifications on the browser

You may notice i am always logfed on but that is just because i have it on my browser so always connected as i never leave the page i just open another or have it in the background while working

That is why i never bothered with the app as i never needed it

I only use mobile browser, as my phones a Windows phone and there's no app. Keeps me logged in and all I type is w into the address bar and there it is. I think its easier to use then the app anyway.

Cheers green.

I have had a good look at this now and numbers. It's seems we do have a lot of people using the app. Far more than I thought actually!

Anyway this is where I am at. I have sent an email with some choice words in to Tapatalk essentially telling then to pull there finger out and get the apps updated and errors fixed ASAP or I will be cancelling with them. I mean what the hell am I paying them for!

I asked them three months ago to do this and just got ignored! So this is there last chance. If I can get them to sort this and keep on top of it then I will do my best to keep the app. If however they continue to **** about then I will have to ditch them.

Cheers green.

I have had a good look at this now and numbers. It's seems we do have a lot of people using the app. Far more than I thought actually!

Anyway this is where I am at. I have sent an email with some choice words in to Tapatalk essentially telling then to pull there finger out and get the apps updated and errors fixed ASAP or I will be cancelling with them. I mean what the hell am I paying them for!

I asked them three months ago to do this and just got ignored! So this is there last chance. If I can get them to sort this and keep on top of it then I will do my best to keep the app. If however they continue to **** about then I will have to ditch them.

can't you build your own app @Gav and get rid of tapatalk, think most would pay a couple quid for one that works.

can't you build your own app @Gav and get rid of tapatalk, think most would pay a couple quid for one that works.

I wish I could but it is very complex and not something I could do myself. To get one customer made would be several thousand! 

Currently most forum owners are in the same position. Tapatalk branded apps or browser. 

There was talk of a developer creating an app specifically for the software our forum runs on but that has since stopped being developed. 

Ok update everyone. I will keep the apps. I have finally got some sense from Tapatalk. I will post a separate update on what's happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back