Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick disconnect electrical fittings for pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So what with the colder weather upon us now can anyone recommend some easy electrical connectors that would allow me to remove the pump from the van in seconds to take indoors each night. 

I have one of the pure freedom controllers and pumps ready attached to the plate so be handy to just whip the whole thing in and out. What do you good folk use? Or is it easier to just insulate around the pump each night? In which case what do you use for that? 

Thanks all

So what with the colder weather upon us now can anyone recommend some easy electrical connectors that would allow me to remove the pump from the van in seconds to take indoors each night. 

I have one of the pure freedom controllers and pumps ready attached to the plate so be handy to just whip the whole thing in and out. What do you good folk use? Or is it easier to just insulate around the pump each night? In which case what do you use for that? 

Thanks all

These work for us on our battery charger to just plug it in.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/5-Pairs-30a-600v-Red-Black-Anderson-Power-Connector-Plug-Contacts-Caravan-Boat/2213573023?iid=263176407535&_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49130%26meid%3D6401c4751e634d4ab0ba7554b71fa1a8%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D141331111915&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I soldered the wires into the pins. The black and red plugs link together and make it impossible to reconnect them incorrectly.

They initially came with my Numax 10 amp battery charger.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Might sound a bit prehistoric, but for years I ran with crocodile clips on the battery and no controller, just a simple bypass between the suction and delivery pipes on the pump.  Never had any problems :1f609:

Thanks all

Bullet crimps

I agree with adamangler, just make sure the pump is not full of water on a night and it should be good. It’s the random dripping connectors, hoses pulled across cold floors, brushes high up in the air etc etc that freeze all the time and are a nightmare

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

6f19d525d96b5396dfdcc1982347dcf3.jpg

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Dumb question but how do I empty the Shurflo pump out of water at the end of the day? 

Last edited:
Back