Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using a Gardiner backpack V3 for soft washing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

Would it be suitable for soft washing? Planning on using it with my Gardiner pole with Benz nozzle attached

Works well been using one for several years just wash it out after use it won’t last as long and as has been said would void warranty but you can pay for it easily on the first job so , every job after is pure profit ????

About to order these in a few days, would this setup ok to do all softwashing jobs?

Gardiner backpack with sprayer lance.
10 tip chemical nozzle
Benz Blackwash
Some brushes
Cheap pressure washer just for rinsing off.

So am I good to go with this setup?

Hiyya. I don't yet know if this will work or not.

As you're buying special brushes for soft washing, could you use the brush for rinsing high?

My plan is to have a brush with two sets of jets. The first set of (probably fan) jets would be for applying the soft wash. The second set of 4 x 3mm pencil jets would be for rinsing using a hose pipe attached to the pole hose. Obviously, you'd have to swap over the pole hose attachment at the top of the pole for the rinsing jets.

That would give you a nice big flow for the rinsing and you could then just use a hose pipe for rinsing lower down. The idea came to me from this video.

You wouldn't need an expensive brush. A Bently brush or similar would do. It's there mainly to keep the jets close to the wall, to avoid too much overspray and to spread the chemical a bit more evenly. My plan is for two fan jets in the middle and the four pencil jets for rinsing in a row at the top and angled slightly upwards. And then you don't need to bother with the pressure washer. The picture shows the idea.

The advantages to my way of thinking are:

1 - less gear to lug round

2 - more precision with rinsing due to less overspray. The water goes where you point the brush.

3 - you can actually get higher should you need to. It's easier to pump water up to a height than to shoot it up there.

What do you think?

20171210_233920.2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use a normal wfp brush to rinse.. a gardiner brush with 4x2mm pencils fitted would be fine

I have even rinsed with a da components fan spray tip on a pole 

Just takes a bit longer but possible

You can use a normal wfp brush to rinse.. a gardiner brush with 4x2mm pencils fitted would be fine

I have even rinsed with a da components fan spray tip on a pole 

Just takes a bit longer but possible

That's a really good piece of information. Thanks.

For myself, I'm really concerned with two aspects: (i) economy and (ii) ecology. Both of them require using as little chemical and water as possible. It is for those reasons that I'd been thinking about using a brush to guide the solution/rinsing water to the surfaces; it would reduce overspray to almost negligible amounts. I suppose that it would add a little agitation as well, but it's mainly dwell time that's important, isn't it? I certainly don't envisage scrubbing away at a wall.

As the purpose of the brush is simply a means of keeping the jets close to the wall to ensure precision, is a £20+ brush necessary? As I said above, I've visualised using a Bently brush or something similar. They're only a couple of quid so no one would mind chucking one away and recycling the jets to a new one. Or am I being a bit naive here?

Any brush will do

I use an old vikan flocked brush as it scrubs well

A bit of agitation definitely helps

As for ecology hypo is dead after an hour and breaks down into salt which will wash away

Latest Posts

Back