Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners Excel Diary

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Basic excel worksheet/diary for newbies It is mostly manual entry but will automatically show the next due date for jobs and highlight the overdue ones and also highlights overdue payments. I'm not a computer programmer so my coding skills are limited but I'm happy to try and make basic changes and improvements. In fact, I quite enjoy tinker with these type of things!! I have included a 10 min video that explains a bit more about how the spreadsheet works. Which you can see here...WC excel diary Anyway, hope you find it of interest. cheers

View attachment WC diary.zip

Very good, I tried it on google sheets and it seems to work.  Not sure how you do it on Excel but on google sheets I highlighted the "2" for row 2 (next to name), then went to "view" and selected "freeze" > "Up to current row (2)".

This then enables me to click just under where it says "Next Due" (row 3, column H) and then select "Data" "Sort column H, A>Z"... Which then puts the jobs in due order.  Took me a bit to figure that out because I was just trying to select "H" and sort it, but it was not doing it as was sorting by frequency due to being under "service" and thinking I wanted to sort by that.

Looks nice. I run my round off a google sheet that looks very similar.

I've added a counter that shows how many days until due, and colour the customers which are due the current month a different colour. Thus I can see with a glance how many I have due this week, and how many this month.

A column to show how much you earn from a customer per year is also nice to have I think.

What I like is you can snap shot it, save it as a html for instance, on the 5th of April after you finish work and you have a total income from window cleaning for the financial year.  Could add a totals box to make it easier to see.  Could do the same monthly, and save them or print them off as a permanent record for the tax man.

The only thing I can see that it is missing is some basic automatic payment function. There is a website called IFTT (if this then that) that has tools to scan your emails for paypal... but to be honest it is not that hard to create an email filter and find the customer the invoice belongs too.  I guess the same would be said for gocardless, and all the rest. 

I like this method better than automatic software to be honest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya.

@Gavmay have access to it.

If not I have something very similar that I developed from that spreadsheet somewhere on my laptop at home so can look for it tonight and maybe send you that.

Dave.

Hi,

Is this spreadsheet still available please?

Thanks.
Actually if you go to the first post on this thread you can click on the download for the zip file.

Extract it and job done.

I am very good with excel but you can't go wrong with this one to start with then modify as you go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Is this spreadsheet still available please?

Thanks.
Yes it is in the first post. Just download the WC diary zip file and then extract the file. It wasn't mine someone else did it can't remember who now. 

Oops just realised you already replied Dave

Latest Posts

Back